New official City website

I actually like the new site although it seems to have been taken down in effect since it's not been updated for 4 days and there's no longer any link to it on the old OS.

Has anyone had chance to check out the Beta version of the new official City website?

I've had a quick look, it looks like the content is much the same, but slightly different layout and more emphasis on social media. Seems ok to me.

Any tech / design minded people managed to have a look? @Ric @Damocles @GeekinGav
I don't like it one bit and prefer the existing site. The design is terrible in comparison and needs a serious rethink.

But is there nothing you can do to make a web site better equipped for heavy traffic?
It's mostly to do with bandwidth and server connection numbers. A site can be set to only allow a certain maximum number of connections at any given time so that it doesn't crash, otherwise to have a site that is primed for extremely heavy traffic when it mostly receives moderate traffic is a waste of bandwidth and resources.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.