New PL Commercial rule passed (pg4) | City rumoured to be questioning the legality

It is much the same to the South of the Tyne. I think that originally Newcastle's support was largely North of the Tyne with Sunderland predominating to the South even in Gateshead. However it is far more confused now. Durham and Chester-le-Street were once solid Sunderland areas but out-migration from Newcastle has changed this over the years.
I go to Morpeth a lot only ever seen Bar Codes except for my mate who is the resident town Blue

Was amazed when I worked up in Berwick and Alnwick how many Sunderland fans there were, would have thought they were a bit thin on the ground north of the Tyne.
A lot of people from the wearside area moved up into south Northumberland working in the mines so yes you do find pockets of Sunderland supporters still….family loyalties eh!

I saw them in 1977 and it's the only time they played the "Wish You Were Here" album in full. Parts 6 to 9 were visually unbelievable. The best concert I've been to even if we were sat in patches of cow shit at the New Bingley Hall Stafford:-)
Seen them a few times over the years, first time was DSOTM Tour 1974 at the Odeon in November. Went both nights. I also saw them at Maine Road 1988 MLOR tour, last time was Rotterdam Feynoord Stadium on the Division Bell Tour. This thread has went way of topic and I apologise to other posters.

You clearly haven’t been to Newcastle, isolated? Newcastle is on the main East Coast London to Edinburgh line, has its own international airport, granted not as big as Manchester Airport With flights all over Europe as well as the Middle East and the US. Not as isolated as you make out And Newcastle has a reputation as one of the top party cities in the UK. As for being cold and windy, believe me it isn’t and we get a fraction of the rainfall the north west of the country gets and specifically Manchester.

Add to this, for those that want it, we have some of the most stunning coast line in the UK and a World Heritage site, Hadrians Wall. Tyne and Wear has a population of 1.2 million, yes not as big as Manchester.

Being a one club city does have its advantages too, although the rivalry between us and our near neighbours is at times hostile shall we say. NUFC has a large following not just from in Tyne and Wear but also County Durham and Northumberland. What we currently have is one of the richest wealth funds in the world backing us, it may take a while to shake off the financial shackles imposed by the old cartel clubs but it will happen given the anti competitive nature of the new rules.

Our future is brighter than it ever has been in our history going forward.
"As for being cold and windy, believe me it isn’t and we get a fraction of the rainfall the north west of the country gets and specifically Manchester."

Thats because the rain comes in horizontally over Newcastle and by the time it starts to drop its at Carlisle. Newcastle seems to be the only place in England where you can get black eyes from the rain;-)

"As for being cold and windy, believe me it isn’t and we get a fraction of the rainfall the north west of the country gets and specifically Manchester."

Thats because the rain comes in horizontally over Newcastle and by the time it starts to drop its at Carlisle. Newcastle seems to be the only place in England where you can get black eyes from the rain;-)
Most of the rain drops on the west side and on the Pennines…….it does rain here but even in winter and spring you can go weeks without rain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.