New Ticket Points System idea

cityutopia

Team supported
Manchester city
All current points converted to ‘legacy points’ at a rate of 1000 ticket points to 2 legacy points, these stay on forever. These will be rounded up.
E.g 17810 = 36 legacy points

Then a ticket point is awarded 1 per home game and added to your total. These will stay on for 5 years and then roll off. No points for away games as whoring would return.

Also if ticket is not scanned at the gate then a point is not awarded. England do this with their 'caps' so I don't see why City couldn't. This would improve home attendance and atmosphere.

This system rewards loyalty and also gives people the chance to catch up.

Last edited:
Great idea in theory but I wonder if the genius minds at the ticket office are able to implement it correctly.

I hope that the ticket office visit a change to the system to incorporate this whilst also considering a reciprocal ticket allocation deal, offering clubs more tickets in exchange for more away tickets for city fans.

There also has to be more made of the current issues with away tickets on resale sites such as stubhub/viagogo at insane prices. Touting from corporate/sponsor allocations that surely make up more than the stated 10%

All current points converted to ‘legacy points’ at a rate of 1000 ticket points to 2 legacy points, these stay on forever. These will be rounded up.
E.g 17810 = 36 legacy points

Then ticket points awarded 1 per game (all games, home, away, Europe etc) and these stay on for 5 years

Also if ticket are not scanned in at the gate then the point is not awarded.

This rewards loyalty and also gives people the chance to catch up.

What do we think blues?
0B9EB1D4-69A3-4EA4-9616-EBC1202AF8F8.gif

Great idea in theory but I wonder if the genius minds at the ticket office are able to implement it correctly.

I hope that the ticket office visit a change to the system to incorporate this whilst also considering a reciprocal ticket allocation deal, offering clubs more tickets in exchange for more away tickets for city fans.

There also has to be more made of the current issues with away tickets on resale sites such as stubhub/viagogo at insane prices. Touting from corporate/sponsor allocations that surely make up more than the stated 10%

They couldn't run a bath ha ha

Reciprocal ticket allocation deal a great shout but very hard to implement.

Current minimum is 3000 unless their capacity is <30k then it should be 10% of the ground.

Why not just have a blanket 10% across all stadiums? Surely that's fairer? The current system means those in smaller stadiums are at a disadvantage as they have a lower % of home fans there compared to larger ones.

Actually the opposite has happened. Hospitality allocation is a ballot now.
Maybe not the official club hospitality. However its clear that more tickets are being siphoned off to other sponsors/companies/re-sell sites at the expense of seasoncard holders. For example... Reports of a row of 20 tourists being in our end at Arsenal through a holiday package from a Chinese company. On Live Football tickets there 35 tickets on sale in our end at United already Including 6+ together for £300+. There are more on stubhub

All whilst only 40% of tickers (1200) were available at Monday 10am to points holders

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.