New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

Jumanji said:
kp789 said:
Surely City or Mansour couldnt buy it as it would infringe on the whole owners ruling where you cant own more than 1 club due to conflicting interests
Isn't that just for UEFA?
Im not sure, I just remember watching a documentary on football club ownership a while back. Perhaps your right.

LoveCity said:
Looks like they could be called City FC or New York City FC, MLS registered the City FC trademark recently. Like Chivas USA it'd be an actual extension of our club.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thegoatparade.com/2012/12/14/3768492/manchester-citys-proposed-mls-franchise-might-also-copy-chivas-usa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thegoatparade.com/2012/12/14 ... chivas-usa</a>

Would anyone follow this club if it was a proper extension of MCFC? I might.

I'd probably follow it, in that I'd watch for the results and might muck around with making Wikipedia content for them as I have done for City, but I wouldn't go so far as to buy a shirt or make any attempt at going to their games ever.

I'm guessing the "City F.C." thing are probably more to be used as an abbreviation than anything. I can't see them actually going for a club just called "City F.C.", it seems far too hackneyed and...bland.

As for the whole "copying Chivas" thing - I suspect if we did anything similar to what Chivas did, it would only be because Khaldoon and Co have come up with the idea independently. I think he's savvy enough to work out that Chivas aren't a club people would advise basing a club on.

id support the club, id watch a few of their games, id even probably buy the shirt if the club sold it in the shop, which i guarantee they would do!

I think they picked the right spot .Corona has some crazy footie fans and it is very diverse .

Jeez. The MLS is expanding to fast to know what is good for it. It was just a couple of years ago that my hometown team, the Portland Timbers, were added. And we still suck. Hope that New York City franchise is a different experience. Still a Timbers supporter first though.

Owning an American team is very different from what we are used to, for instance the clubs don´t own any players as the league itself hold their contracts.
Can´t see any obvious advantages on MCFC owning the club outright I must admit but they might be there I guess.
What I know is that the Abu Dhabi top brass have stressed their intent on cracking the American market for both monetary and PR reasons more than once which is why our CITC projects in USA have been funded directly by the UAE embassy in USA.

So what is Pep actually doing in NY right now? ;-)

Is it normal to call there teams football clubs and not soccer clubs?

bluwes said:
Not been a good day for Platini today has it...tee hee

Haha,i enjoy every moment of it,they can`t stop us now, and the bitterness from UEFA,FA and the rags just makes it even sweeter!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.