New York City FC

A decent kit but this time not one I would want for us. Not sure I'd be happy with the shorts! haha.

Good that they're going with something of their own though.

image.jpg

Watch as David Villa gets sent off in a “friendly” match against Houston Dynamo, for punching opponent!
David Villa is one of the legendary strikers of football.

He was part of the incredible Barcelona team, and now he plays for New York City FC.

Villa simply went nuts in a match between his New York and Dynamo in a Desert Diamond Cup (a some kind of friendly match).

Dynamo’s player was covering him in the penalty area, when suddenly, Villa punched him in the face.

A crazy reaction from a player that is Spain’s greatest scorer.

The reason Villa was even sent off, was because of Video Assistant Referee (VAR). No referee saw Villa’s action, but cameras recorded everything.

This VAR is becoming more and more useful, and soon every league is going to use it!

display

Time they brought VAR in over here...

Mike Tyson would of been proud of that one:-)

NYCFC ended up losing the Desert Diamond Cup match 3-1 in Tuscon, Arizona.

But Villa did at least manage to get on the scoresheet in the 15th minute, before getting sent off.

Last edited:
A decent kit but this time not one I would want for us. Not sure I'd be happy with the shorts! haha.

Good that they're going with something of their own though.

image.jpg
I like the kit – I like that the "City Group's" core colour is (as it should be) Sky blue – but that each team has a unique identity... for us it should always be Skyblue shirts, White shorts – for NYCFC Skyblue shirts and navy shorts with orange in the trim – for Melbourne mainly white shirts with skyblue embellishments.

Watch as David Villa gets sent off in a “friendly” match against Houston Dynamo, for punching opponent!

He was part of the incredible Barcelona team, and now he plays for New York City FC.

Villa simply went nuts in a match between his New York and Dynamo in a Desert Diamond Cup (a some kind of friendly match).

Dynamo’s player was covering him in the penalty area, when suddenly, Villa punched him in the face.

The reason Villa was even sent off, was because of Video Assistant Referee (VAR). No referee saw Villa’s action, but cameras recorded everything.

This VAR is becoming more and more useful, and soon every league is going to use it!

display

But Villa did at least manage to get on the scoresheet in the 15th minute, before getting sent off.

impressive punch haha.

display

Ah, look. The viewpoint I had over 6 years ago is finally bearing fruit! I can't remember for whom I had a LENGTHY argument with about its merits, but I remember saying I didn't care if VR went against us for fairness of the game.

Proves my point how crucial VR is in keeping the ref informed.

Like I said back then; VR is inevitable.

I like the kit – I like that the "City Group's" core colour is (as it should be) Sky blue – but that each team has a unique identity... for us it should always be Skyblue shirts, White shorts – for NYCFC Skyblue shirts and navy shorts with orange in the trim – for Melbourne mainly white shirts with skyblue embellishments.
We haven't got an identity though have we thanks to Nike.
Navy fucking sleeves.
Blueshorts.
Sorry but that's fuck all to do With city

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.