New York City FC

What is it with America and never starting any sporting event at the advertised time? It was like that when we were there preseason.

I am in New York and I didn't even think to check for a game, shame.

NYCFC still as fun as ever, MLS lacks in real quality but the games are always good fun. Shame I couldn't get to watch one, be great to see Villa in person also.

The commentators waxing lyrical about Yangel Herrera, I wonder if we will move him out to Girona next season. He may be one of the ones that makes it, hugely impressive world cup this summer and a key part of NYCFC who are going for the title.

One way traffic for Red Bulls so far. NYCFC insistent on playing out from the back, even when they're under enormous pressure. Admirable, but naive.

1-0 NYCFC beautiful goal. Completely against the run of play. Should've conceded a penalty a minute ago if it weren't for the ref being awful.

Scored by the gigantic Moralez

Edit: Penalty to Red Bulls. Correct decision. 1-1

Edit: Finished 1-1. NYCFC did well to draw. They probably ought to have had a penalty shortly after the equaliser.

That game was a good mix between Premier League standard and League Two standard football.

Last edited:
I think Saunders was actually better than this new kid in nets.

No way. I'm sure I'll jinx it but I think Johnson has been a huge improvement. One of the best performances I've ever seen at any level a few weeks ago vs the Galaxy. Was like Hart at Spurs!

No way. I'm sure I'll jinx it but I think Johnson has been a huge improvement. One of the best performances I've ever seen at any level a few weeks ago vs the Galaxy. Was like Hart at Spurs!
He's much better than Saunders. Although a tad more gaffe prone

1-0 NYCFC beautiful goal. Completely against the run of play. Should've conceded a penalty a minute ago if it weren't for the ref being awful.

Scored by the gigantic Moralez

Edit: Penalty to Red Bulls. Correct decision. 1-1

Edit: Finished 1-1. NYCFC did well to draw. They probably ought to have had a penalty shortly after the equaliser.

That game was a good mix between Premier League standard and League Two standard football.

OK, I'm happy to see that NYCFC is doing well this year, but I can't let a few things go unchallenged.

1) Agree that BWP should have had a pen when they crashed him for the back post header.

2) No way was the actual penalty. If that had been against City in the Manchester derby, this place would have melted down!

3) It was a good point for NYC, and almost the first time they have done the double. However, by League position and head to head, NYC have New York bragging rights this season!

4) I didn't see the smiley face when you wrote "That game was a good mix between Premier League standard and League Two standard football," so, I will simply laugh out loud now! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! There was possibly1 total minute of Premier League quality on display tonight, and most Championship teams would have crushed a Best XI of who was on display tonight. The passing was ridiculously poor, the "big boot" under any kind of pressure was prevalent (except that NYC tried hard to play out of their back line...usually poorly, btw!), and the goal mouth action was severely lacking. I'd say poor Championship, but probably decent League One...AT BEST!

5) Definite handball under the current definition. Arm up and out away from the body, making himself big, and didn't try to move it when ball was coming. Should have been a penalty, but after the soft penalty he gave NYRB to tie up the game, he wasn't going to give NYC a pen in the last 10 minutes! Typically poor, playing for the cameras, MLS ref!

Come on, CITY!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.