Newcastle (Home) - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every game when you are vying for the title is vital really. If you consider you usually need around 90 points out of a maximum 114 on the table it doesn't leave a lot of room for error.

It would be nice to see our fluidity and goalscoring return but injuries and fatigue plus teams parking the bus means that is unlikely. We just need to relentlessly and ruthlessly keep grinding out wins until the chasing pack run out of games to catch us.

This is way off the mark , not once in the history of the premier league even many times when their were 24 and 22 teams in the first division and hence an extra 8 and 4 games to play in a season has a side required 90 points to win the title.

We won the title with 89 points on goal difference in 2011/12 and only one other time has the side finishing second finished with more than 86 points.

It will be no different this season.

I suspect 86 points will be more than enough but certainly 88 points will do it.

Forget about Manure finishing with more than 85 points the same applies to Liverpool , Chelsea and Spurs.

Its a matter if we can get to 86 points or more.

Haha newbie to the match threads are you? it's the same rollercoaster it is at the game or at the pub,it just looks worse written down

That sums it up to a tee. With the ridiculously high tension and stress levels most of us feel when watching our team (unless we are out of sight with the score line), then it's bound to happen. It's the matchtime fever!

I’m going to predict a come from behind 2-1 win. We will have all the ball and Newcastle will score from their only corner. Match thread will go even more ballistic. We will continue to play our game and win with a late goal from Bernardo.

That sums it up to a tee. With the ridiculously high tension and stress levels most of us feel when watching our team (unless we are out of sight with the score line), then it's bound to happen. It's the matchtime fever!
It sure is,some come on specifically to moan at people moaning,you know who you are,some overstep and the rags are ever present but just report those posts and carry on,its an emotionally thing this football lark

I always feel our style of play is like a fine tuned machine, with the right players we are amazing but even one flaw in the system and we drop in performance considerably more than other sides due to the nature of our tactics requiring everyone to take part. Although even when we drop in performance we are ahead of most sides.

I do worry that with Mendy and now Delph out it could throw the balance of the side and make things difficult.

Think we will get back to winning ways but not particularly confident we will be free flowing.

I always feel our style of play is like a fine tuned machine, with the right players we are amazing but even one flaw in the system and we drop in performance considerably more than other sides due to the nature of our tactics requiring everyone to take part. Although even when we drop in performance we are ahead of most sides.

I do worry that with Mendy and now Delph out it could throw the balance of the side and make things difficult.

Think we will get back to winning ways but not particularly confident we will be free flowing.
just need to help whoever is lb and grind it out

If Zinchenko is LB we will be fine over that side. To be honest it's Newcastle & we will be fine whoever plays on the left but Danilo looks like he's about to fall over everytime he moves and he constantly wrong foots himself when he's on the left. Zinchenko came up against one of the trickiest players in the league in Mahrez & bar 1 or 2 times he came out on top in all of the 1 on 1 duels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.