Newcastle Vs City League Cup Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Provided Kompany is fit norwich)

--------------------------Pants----------------------------
Micah-----Lescott-------Demichellis------Clichy
----------------Rodwell--------Garcia-----------------
Milner------------------Nasri------------------Lopes (These three can switch positions, point is theyre our attacking midfielders)
---------------Dzeko-------------Jovetic---------------

PS- the only real position that I think is up for grabs right now for norwich is at (right) midfield between nasri and navas. it is clear that at LB kolarov is better, and strikers are pretty sure to be aguero-negredo in the important matches most games

ssouthstand116 said:
Should be a great night, im going to the game so hope we put out a decent side and treat it like a PL game, this cup does matter, at the end of the day, silverware is silverware as far as in concerned and another day at wembley would be great. Surely hart dropped this game, pantillimon in, jovetic and dzeko up front, would be good to see them play a full 90 together see how it works
I agree, it's a good chance to win a trophy although I think this could be a difficult game

I think Newcastle will out their strongest team, and they'll be keen to bounce back after losing the NE Derby.

Should be a good game. I'm not going, but I'll be there on Saturday supporting the boys

pants
richards-lescott-demichelis-kolarov
fernandinho-yaya
navas-aguero-jovetic
negredo
... just out there and kill them please CITY 3-0 win

Always dread Newcastle away because their due a win against us. Hoping for a tidy game and hoping Rodwell, Lopes and Panti get a game. Wouldn't mind Greg Leigh getting in at LB but i highly doubt he will. Any trophie is a trophie worth winning.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Always dread Newcastle away because their due a win against us. Hoping for a tidy game and hoping Rodwell, Lopes and Panti get a game. Wouldn't mind Greg Leigh getting in at LB but i highly doubt he will. Any trophie is a trophie worth winning.
Villa away was a ground where we normally do well, and what happened - the Gods conspired against us

I too am always wary of playing a team where we normally get a result. The law of averages means we're overdue some bad luck against them - this is of course illogical, but nevertheless I can't help but think that we're overdue some bad luck against Newcastle

lewis 93:20 said:

Milner------------------Nasri------------------Lopes
Didn't know you could field 12 players in Capital one cup games.

FredTilson said:

It's the new rule. Please do keep up!

MCC said:
FredTilson said:

It's the new rule. Please do keep up!

They've actually brought it in today, we have asked for special dispensation to provide more cover for Mr Hart...... We originally tried to bring in both the "Nearest t-net" and the "fly keeper" rule's but the league responded that Mr Hart has already decided to be the "Fly keeper" anyway, so it was refused and that's when they allowed us to play 12 at Newcastle as a sweetener....

Marvin said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Villa away was a ground where we normally do well, and what happened - the Gods conspired against us

I too am always wary of playing a team where we normally get a result. The law of averages means we're overdue some bad luck against them - this is of course illogical, but nevertheless I can't help but think that we're overdue some bad luck against Newcastle
if anything, we are due some luck aswe have lost three games where we played better than the opponent and still lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.