Next season we need a 20th anniversary play off final away kit

Iconic match. Don’t forget that the rags were celebrating a quadruple or quintuple or some other bollox that year. Our Gillingham win proper pissed on their chips.

Agree about the random kit though. My own faves were 1969 red/black stripes and 1968 maroon/sky. The current maroon one is a thing of beauty too.

It's as iconic as the 69 cup final shirt.

I fecking hated it but still bought (and have) one pre play-off final. Nike would fuck it up anyway.

From earlier. Next season's away warm up gear. Think it's safe to say we're getting the kit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am all for remembering the 1999 playoff kit, however, I don't think modern kit giants such as Nike, Puma, Under Armour, whoever we have will be able to do it justice. Would rather City go out their way and spoke to Kappa to do a one-off.

To be honest I hated that kit, almost as much as the revisionary misty eyed bollocks that somehow glorifies a dark turbulent period, when supporting City was seriously damaging my health.

Yes, we won at Wembley, but I’d much rather we hadn’t lost to Birmingham City in the last minute,( on both occasions) the previous season. In fact, if Wiekens had taken one for the team at Maine Road, then we’d have drawn 0-0, and not been relegated.

If Margetson hadn’t fucked up against Wolves and QPR, (and that was before Pollock’s own goal), or Goater not missed those open goals at Bradford…..,,,.

The list is endless, but anyway, that's just me being a bitter twat! You enjoy your anniversary, and I’ll remember walking out of Sincil Bank, and feeling consoled that Preston had dropped points against Macclesfield.

I don’t want us to celebrate that kit or that season as wonderful that play-off comeback was. If people had done their jobs the previous season from Francis Lee to cowardly players like Lee Bradbury, Ged Brennan and Jason Van Blerk and others who lacked quality then relegation to division three would have I hated us being in that division. Not that we are entitled to be in any division.

The 99 play off kit is for the past or for wearing as a retro shirt. It does remind us of a time when we stood firm as fans but I don’t think we should have it as an official kit. Red and black stripes or a more maroon coloured kit please. Failing that a white one with a light blue and navy sash please.

I don’t want us to celebrate that kit or that season as wonderful that play-off comeback was. If people had done their jobs the previous season from Francis Lee to cowardly players like Lee Bradbury, Ged Brennan and Jason Van Blerk and others who lacked quality then relegation to division three would have I hated us being in that division. Not that we are entitled to be in any division.

The 99 play off kit is for the past or for wearing as a retro shirt. It does remind us of a time when we stood firm as fans but I don’t think we should have it as an official kit. Red and black stripes or a more maroon coloured kit please. Failing that a white one with a light blue and navy sash please.

Absolutely this. We'll never forget the chronic failure of that period. It's part of who we are. But I think the idea of celebrating a 3rd division play off final is a bit patronising to the club. It was a blip. There's a big difference between never forgetting failure and celebrating failure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.