Neymar

Couldn't agree more with @Marvin . Imagine a parallel universe in which United have just signed Neymar. The papers, the media, the pundits, Sky, the BBC, Twitter would all be wetting themselves. Talksport would have exploded. "The signing of the Century", "Mourinho shows Barca who's boss", "United prove they really are the biggest club in the world", "In Neymar's words - A dream come true".
And the inevitable endless articles justifying the price and proclaiming a match made in heaven. Phil Neville no doubt using Neville-logic to show that United didn't just not overpay, they actually got a bargain! Bless him.

And then there's the reality - snidey journalists questioning the source of the funds and the legitimacy of the transaction. Oh and don't forget to mention Man City in the same sentence.

Them and us, them and us, them and us...
Imagine if Liverpool signed him. The world would be unbearable..

Neymar has been left out of PSG's squad to face Montpellier tomorrow. Trouble in paradise already?

Alves sounds a trouble maker too, dodged a bullet there!

You make some good points. 200m is a lot and I also don't see them winning the CL just because of him. I just think feel he would of taken us up a level and hes still only 25 so has time to improve. On the other had I am not sure how he would adapt to the physical PL, he's easily the number 1 diver in world football. I haven't seen him play much for Brazil but I know he scored a lot of goals for them and will probably be all time top scorer.

I don't know why we weren't competing with PSG for him but if that means we can spend the 200m next summer on a top class DM and CB then I am completely fine with it.
I can't see city spending that kind of money on a player.
think we will go cheaper and pay for potential, like Jesus.
He's a brilliant player but there are rough diamonds out there, that just require a bit of polish.

People wondering why we didnt bid for him. Perhaps our manager would,nt touch him with a shitty stick, and the reason why is maybe evident from all this nonsense at PSG.

I dont think Pep will tolerate any berti big bollocks at City and Neymar clearly thinks he is bigger than the clubs he plays for. Perhaps ultimately thats why he left Barca because they wouldnt accommodate his out of control ego any longer.

Not enough polish in the world existed for Samaras.
Him and many more but we are different now, watch us buy a South American samaras now lol!
We did buy Robinho, that's how I view neymar really.
Great at the time but it soon became apparent that it wasn't going to work out.
I thought psg would of been past that stage, like ourselves.

PSG will do everything to keep Neymar as he is greatly elevating the club's worldwide profile.

They will likely win the CL within five years, when Cavani etc will be long gone

Barca must be laughing their asses off at PSG.

They will get 2-3 quality players and be serious CL contenders. They will have a much better chance than PSG who will go out at the second round as usual.

Without this money Barca were in difficulty. Now PSG has given a major rival a big lift.

PSG will be knocked out by Real.

Barca are heading to the latter stages of the CL.

Neymar is a showpny.

PSG will do everything to keep Neymar as he is greatly elevating the club's worldwide profile.

They will likely win the CL within five years, when Cavani etc will be long gone

I think they will struggle to win it due to the standard of the League they are playing. They simply do not get to play quality opposition often enough to make the step up when they play the best teams from Spain, Germany, England, or Italy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.