Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was almost converted and had been thinking he was so much improved. Hope yesterday was a temporary relapse.

Unfortunately it's not. This is Otamendi. World class one game, Sunday league another.

You just don't know which one will turn up making him a liability.

He is just as likely to shut down Luiz Suarez as he is to make Rashford look like Messi.

Think we get £20m for him in January, would be great business.

Don't get me wrong, not a big fan of Mangala but I think in a back 3 he's a better option that Ota. If Komps is injured I'd go Mangala, Stones and Danilo

You could be right, Ota is better on then ball but Mangala is a better defender, his weaknesses will be masked in a back 3. Danilo has also been suprisingly good in a back 3.

Theres 0 chance he gets sold in January and there's 0 chance Mangala starts ahead of him. Come the end of the season he'll have the most minutes played out of any of our CB's just like last season. He's not a world beater and he's not the worst CB in the league. If Pep and his staff thought he was as poor as he's made out to be on here he would have be sold and wouldn't have started the season ahead of Stones just like I said he would. Folks just need to accept it. He'll probably be gone after this year but anything drastic regarding him isn't happening.

You defend as a unit,outnumbering the opposition,not one v one personal battle they might happen in midfield
Hes actually very predictable,you know where he will produce and where hes vulnerable
Mendy had the attributes to deal with Salah and Ota doesnt,but thats how the defence was set up,one of the times Mendy was actually in a decent position Salah still got through and had the free shot at Ederson

I thought he was left exposed at times yesterday by Mendy wandering upfield and not getting back to help against a winger who was always going to have the beating of him one on one. Having said that, he also had the control of a runaway train and put himself in a number of difficult positions.

It's fair to say he didn't come into my thinking for MOTM!

Just had a rare excursion onto talkshite (for a laugh at whining scousers & one duly obliged).

Interesting this time, to get strikers' perspective. It's pretty much unanimous amongst any ex pro defenders asked, that City's central defence isn't upto the task, bar Kompany & that Otamendi isn't good enough, but on this occasion it was Dean Saunders & Dean Ashton.

Both are of the opinion that if Kompany plays most games, we win the title & if he goes missing, we don't.

Saunders was talking about the goal City scored & how Aguero's brain works faster than a typical defender & what a fabulous pass from KDB. But, if Kompany was playing for Liverpool, it wouldn't be scored, as he would see it beforehand & cut the pass out, because he's world class, not just 'a' defender.

They mentioned that Stones last season was not good enough to stop Falcao but described Otamendi as 'out of his depth'.

I have yet to hear a defender rate him, but interesting that two of the guys who would play against him, don't rate him either.

When playing a back three in future it should be
Otamendi Stones Vinny
otamendi canot play on the left of a 3 judging by today, and stones' passing is too good to not have in the middle.
Would genuinely rather play manga on the left

Otamendi is a better passer than Stones and plays. more decisive passes than he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.