Nolito - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough Nolito should have gone by the rules of the game but to me it looked like Smith not only pushed to him to instigate the confrontation but he was the one who put his forehead against Nolito's who was simply having none of it and pushed him off using his head(hardly a headbutt have some people never seen a headbutt or something?)... they should have both gone, none of that would have happened if it weren't for Smith which is the most annoying part of it, he starts it all and gets to stay on the pitch probably smirking to himself for the rest of the match.

Last edited:
I would not change him... He has some Bellamy traits; he's a fighter and a winner. I actually thin he's one of the most underrated players so far. Gives 100% is aggressive and is a real important piece of the jigsaw. Also knows the Pep way. Don't change him, we need fighters!

This may have been mentioned, but what makes the decision more frustrating is that Smith gets away with shoving Stirling in the face not five minutes later and the ref tells Stirling to get up as if it didn't warrant going to ground. Maybe it didn't, but if what Nolito did is 'violent' then surely both incidents should be handled equally.

Hello, lads!

Fisrt post here.

So how many games will Nolito miss, two or three? Cup match against Swansey included or not?

I would not change him... He has some Bellamy traits; he's a fighter and a winner. I actually thin he's one of the most underrated players so far. Gives 100% is aggressive and is a real important piece of the jigsaw. Also knows the Pep way. Don't change him, we need fighters!

This.

It might have been daft and it might give us less options over the next three domestic games but the only thing I really take issue with is that Nolito didn't knock Smith's teeth out. He was pissing me off all game.

Yep, it's important to have fighters in a team. Nolito is a born street footballer and I knew he would be a superb transfer.

BUT: he has to learn to get his passion on the pitch and not against the opponent player. He is weakening his team. It's contra productive and he needs to sort that out. That's the difference between a good PL player and a worldclass player. Pep will handle that for sure.

It's not a big squad problem right now. But let that happen next March/April and you might be fuming...

Shame about the red, but he deserved it - as did the other geezer imho. Nolito got involved in a similar spat with Fellaini last week and probably would have gone head to head if he'd been 6 inches taller. Anyway, it has to be cut out of his game.
I've been very impressed with his link up play. Very useful squad player and I don't worry when I see his name on the team sheet - same with all of them these days though!

Always look at the bright side: Sane would have a chance to be a starter and Nolito will rest for 3 games. Just like Aguero. Though it would be a blow for the game with Pochettino squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.