Nolito - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also might see Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Gundogan and Silva in the same team for the first time, we have a real squad now with a manager who knows how to use it. :)
Can't see Gundogan playing 3 games in 7 days and I reckon KDB gets a rest if Dave is fit. We'll see it at some point though, maybe against the dippers, Dinho is more press resistant than Sagna or Zaba.

Can't see Gundogan playing 3 games in 7 days and I reckon KDB gets a rest if Dave is fit. We'll see it at some point though, maybe against the dippers, Dinho is more press resistant than Sagna or Zaba.
Maybe not for 90minutes, it will depend on what team he puts out in the League Cup, we may see some youth starting on Wednesday, I wouldn't mind seeing Aleix Garcia get some more match time.

Maybe not for 90minutes, it will depend on what team he puts out in the League Cup, we may see some youth starting on Wednesday.
I hope so, we've won it twice in the last 3 years so it's not priority for me and the likes of Garcia/Maffeo/Gunn need the game time.

Fair enough Nolito should have gone by the rules of the game but to me it looked like Smith not only pushed to him to instigate the confrontation but he was the one who put his forehead against Nolito's who was simply having none of it and pushed him off using his head(hardly a headbutt have some people never seen a headbutt or something?)... they should have both gone, none of that would have happened if it weren't for Smith which is the most annoying part of it, he starts it all and gets to stay on the pitch probably smirking to himself for the rest of the match.
I agree smith pushed him for a reaction , but even though nolito has been great for us this season, I thought smith roasted him and he was frustrated.he had plenty of niggles and took a swipe at his knee at one stage.i thought he was quite ineffective maybe too much football, and was waiting for him to be subbed by sane.miscalculation by pep I thought.bit hot headed and tried the same semi head butt against Fellini.love his commitment but needs to control his temper.

I agree smith pushed him for a reaction , but even though nolito has been great for us this season, I thought smith roasted him and he was frustrated.he had plenty of niggles and took a swipe at his knee at one stage.i thought he was quite ineffective maybe too much football, and was waiting for him to be subbed by sane.miscalculation by pep I thought.bit hot headed and tried the same semi head butt against Fellini.love his commitment but needs to control his temper.

There was no head butt, he scraped his head off Smith's. He didn't try anything against Fellaini, he squared up to him is all.

I'm not defending what he did, it was silly but let's not make a mountain out of it. That's the first time he was sent off in his career, that needs to taken into consideration when judging him.

There was no head butt, he scraped his head off Smith's. He didn't try anything against Fellaini, he squared up to him is all.

I'm not defending what he did, it was silly but let's not make a mountain out of it. That's the first time he was sent off in his career, that needs to taken into consideration when judging him.
It was also bollocks that Nolito was ineffective that game. He won the free kick for the first and played his part superbly in the breakaway goal Nacho scored. He also kept the ball ticking over very well as usual and kept possession in tight areas.

It was also bollocks that Nolito was ineffective that game. He won the free kick for the first and played his part superbly in the breakaway goal Nacho scored. He also kept the ball ticking over very well as usual and kept possession in tight areas.

I agree and that pass to KDB in the build up to the second goal was fantastic.

Always look at the bright side: Sane would have a chance to be a starter and Nolito will rest for 3 games. Just like Aguero. Though it would be a blow for the game with Pochettino squad.

exactly, he'll miss two league games but he'll be nice and sharp for the champions league. We have to rest players anyway and I think Sane on the left would suit the Spurs game anyway.

exactly, he'll miss two league games but he'll be nice and sharp for the champions league. We have to rest players anyway and I think Sane on the left would suit the Spurs game anyway.
I'm not sure Sane would be good on the left - left footer players like Messi more comfortable on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.