Nonsense from Chelsea's Women's team coach

It’s fucking nonsense and no amount of the usual talking down to us on here will change that lol.

Women’s football has to stand in its own two feet as a spectacle and commercially.

I hope it does that and we see elite women players earning what the elite men players do. Making the game a closed shop isn’t the way to do it.

It’s fucking nonsense and no amount of the usual talking down to us on here will change that lol.

Women’s football has to stand in its own two feet as a spectacle and commercially.

I hope it does that and we see elite women players earning what the elite men players do. Making the game a closed shop isn’t the way to do it.

I don't watch it mate, I have tried and tried more than once but it just doesn't do it for me. Big crowds for vanity events and then small crowds for the bread and butter.

I don't watch it mate, I have tried and tried more than once but it just doesn't do it for me. Big crowds for vanity events and then small crowds for the bread and butter.
what do you mean by vanity events? do you just mean popular games? big fixtures are always bound to attract bigger crowds. they're not some kind of vanity project any more than a showcase fixture in the men's game. and also when they stage games at the men's stadium they're loads easier to get to which helps with the crowds. I think the crowds for the bread and butter type games are growing pretty well to say they're often being played in the arse end of nowhere on a sunday night. Arsenal women getting crowds of 4000 playing out in borehamwood on a sunday night. I think the scheduling does the women's game dirty to be honest and the crowds are decent in spite of it. United averaging nearly 6k playing out in Leigh (the official average to Man U attendances is higher than that as they got 35k playing at OT but i've taken that out as it obvs distorts the number a bit). I think the crowds are growing at a decent rate. The next step is to improve the atmosphere in the grounds. Obviously the sense of shared history amongst the fanbases and the relationship with the players is still quite new, so there aren't as many songs etc. I think it'll come with time though.

Agree on there being equal pay, but it should be achieved by lowering the astronomical wages in the men’s game!

Same goes for transfer fees, ticket prices, price of a pie & a pint…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64648506

Emma Hayes says that the idea of getting rid of promotion and relegation should be considered for the women's game in England.

Ludicrous USA based nonsense! I wonder if she really thinks this or is spouting the agenda of Chelsea's American owners.
You are right, it is a very silly, and dangerous, idea. Dangerous in that it would destroy the incentive for clubs to do what we fans of women's football want, and need, them to do. We want all major clubs to continue, or begin, funding a well resourced, well integrated, women's team which is presented to the fanbase as an important part of the club. Given that there is no immediate prospect of money to be made, how do you persuade clubs to do this when they are locked out of the top level of the game? It's one thing for clubs to accept that other teams are better than theirs, but it's another thing to say that you can't come to the party no matter how good you are.

Women's football needs to broaden its base to improve the game. Clubs won't contribute to that broadening if they know that the route to the top level is by invitation only.

Wasn't it Hayes that wanted to put undersoil heating at all WSL venue's, completely ignoring the fact that most WSL games are played at non league grounds they don't own.

If that was allowed then it would give an unfair advantage to any team in the same division.

She'll be asking for equal pay with the men next no doubt.
There's some out there, Cleavers, who think women should get the same pay packet as the men for just turning up!

I agree.

It has to go in its own direction for the betterment of the sport and development of the players.

I agree.

It has to go in its own direction for the betterment of the sport and development of the players.
I've always said , I think the women's game needs a proper fixture list and a dedicated day , ie like the mens game is 3 o'clock Saturdays afternoons , maybe the women could have 12 O'clock Sundays, with a proper fixture list , not the 2 games in a week and nothing a for a mouth.
I would have a 10 team WSL , play each other 4 times (like they used to do in Scotland) , that would give you a 36 game league season, with women FA and League cup games too that would give you a proper full season of games.

Agree on there being equal pay, but it should be achieved by lowering the astronomical wages in the men’s game!

Same goes for transfer fees, ticket prices, price of a pie & a pint…
There should be wages parity with the Mens game... at the level they are playing at which is National League at best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.