North Stand Expansion

Going off your own logic we would never have extended the South Stand and we sell out more CL group games now than we did before we extended it.

Any mid week match vs Brentford regardless of if the stadium held 30k or 60k would have people not wanting to go.

The match sold out the normal allocation but there will always be loads of ticket exchange tickets going for such a fixture.
I think what is interesting for tonight’s Brentford game is that all the tickets in the away section of level 3, which were returned by Brentford, have been sold. It’s no coincidence that these were only £30 for an adult. So the demand is definitely there, but the pricing is obviously an issue for many.

Mark my words,, and I will hold you to this not these prices they won't price it correctly then yes would sell out easily,, let's see how many empties tonight shall we and don't give me this crap it's just no shows either,, I can't go tonight so I've offered my ticket at £15 in ssl 3 and not 1 taker as yet, what does that tell you?
The no takers for £15 tells me it isn't ticket prices.Tonights attendance is nothing to do with it, most games sell out ,this game has sold out once plus the returned Brentford tickets. Get as angry as you like about it we will sell tickets for the new stand.
I'm a matchday ticket buyer,want to know why I won't buy your £15 ticket, or a £50 club one ? Not the ticket price, I'd need an after noon and morning away from my business so there's that cost to cover, petrol to Manchester and back £70, hotel, food. Whether the ticket is £30 or £50 doesn't come into the decision. Plus I like to plan games a couple of months in advace.
Most matchday ticket buyers will have similar costs and journeys to consider. Not to say tickets shouldn't be cheaper, they should,just saying the ticket price isn't why there will be a couple of thousand empties tonight.

Last edited:
I think what is interesting for tonight’s Brentford game is that all the tickets in the away section of level 3, which were returned by Brentford, have been sold. It’s no coincidence that these were only £30 for an adult. So the demand is definitely there, but the pricing is obviously an issue for many.

The club is going to have to make some difficult and back tracking decisions on match day ticket prices if they want to fill 8000 extra seats, bar for the big 5 home games.(United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs)

If they honestly think the demand will be there to fill the extra 8000 seats at current match day ticket prices, which will probably be higher in 2 years time, they are very badly mistaken.

I know. They have the season ticket waiting list data, Citizen Card holder data, etc. Having that data is one thing. Getting City fans to go to the matches at these current and future match day ticket prices is another matter all together.

What I don't get is why are people like you standing up for club on there quite frankly, scandalous pricing policy, genuine question.
It's doing nothing but taking it away from folk like me that watched us get to where we are now and any local future support.
Do you think it's acceptable to charge a Dad or mum and there child over £80 for a run of the mill game,, put any food travel on top and your looking at in access of £100,,that is not a reality in my book, not by a long fkin way

This is a completely different subject and I've not said anything to argue otherwise.

Going off your own logic we would never have extended the South Stand and we sell out more CL group games now than we did before we extended it.

Any mid week match vs Brentford regardless of if the stadium held 30k or 60k would have people not wanting to go.

The match sold out the normal allocation but there will always be loads of ticket exchange tickets going for such a fixture.
So if that's the case then,, your saying we simply ain't got the support to cover no shows?

The club is going to have to make some difficult and back tracking decisions on match day ticket prices if they want to fill 8000 extra seats, bar for the big 5 home games.(United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs)

If they honestly think the demand will be there to fill the extra 8000 seats at current match day ticket prices, which will probably be higher in 2 years time, they are very badly mistaken.

I know. They have the season ticket waiting list data, Citizen Card holder data, etc. Having that data is one thing. Getting City fans to go to the matches at these current and future match day ticket prices is another matter all together.
It isn't the only data they have though, they have the data of those in the queues trying and failing to buy tickets for all the games when they went on sale originally in the summer and October, just look at the thread in here of loads of fans failing to get tickets not just for big games. How many that were in that mad scramble fror match tickets will give them a good idea of how many matchday tickets at current prices they could sell.
Don't know if they also have similar figures for how many have tried to buy a S/C.If it's a 50/ 50 split I don't think it will be difficult selling another 4000 matchday tickets,but if some games they only sell 2 or 3000 more matchday they will be okay with that.
We all want cheaper tickets, just think those thinking a struggle to sell tickets will lead to it are deluding themselves.

So if that's the case then,, your saying we simply ain't got the support to cover no shows?

No mate. I’m saying tickets for a midweek game against Brentford in February are a hard sell regardless of stadium size or price.

For what it’s worth, we sold out the fixture allocation and we sold out the Brentford third tier which was returned to us. The tickets left are ticket exchange seats and mostly singles.

It’s just not a highly desirable fixture but of course cheaper seats would help. The club will argue though that by selling the allocation and the Brentford seats in the third tier, that they got it right and made more money than they would with cheaper seats and a few more ticket exchange seats sold.

The no takers for £15 tells me it isn't ticket prices.Tonights attendance is nothing to do with it, most games sell out ,this game has sold out once plus the returned Brentford tickets. Get as angry as you like about it we will sell tickets for the new stand.
I'm a matchday ticket buyer,want to know why I won't buy your £15 ticket, or a £50 club one ? Not the ticket price, I'd need an after noon and morning away from my business so there's that cost to cover, petrol to Manchester and back £70, hotel, food. Whether the ticket is £30 or £50 doesn't come into the decision. Plus I like to plan games a couple of months in advace.
Most matchday ticket buyers will have similar costs and journeys to consider. Not to say tickets shouldn't be cheaper, they should,just saying the ticket price isn't why there will be a couple of thousand empties tonight.
Up date my ticket has now gone maybe it got lost in the posts on FB,,, but as said above pricing is certainly an issue as the cheaper 1s they returned have all gone,, I'm telling you if the majority of that stadium was priced right, you would struggle to get tickets, and you would get an atmosphere back as has been proven in the past when games are priced correctly

The local demand is there for a midweek match, but not at those match day ticket prices.

We've had 15 years of unrivalled success that has increased the size of our fan base across Gtr Manchester, the UK, and the world, yet we can't shift 1000-2000 tickets for tonight's match, why?

We sell out every weekend match, with 1000's of City fans unable to buy tickets, yet when they have an opportunity to buy a ticket for Brentford tonight, those same fans who can't get a ticket for a weekend match don't want to buy a ticket for a midweek match against Brentford. The reason is obvious. It's not Brentford. It's not a midweek match. It's the adult and under 18 match day ticket prices.

Last edited:
No mate. I’m saying tickets for a midweek game against Brentford in February are a hard sell regardless of stadium size or price.

For what it’s worth, we sold out the fixture allocation and we sold out the Brentford third tier which was returned to us. The tickets left are ticket exchange seats and mostly singles.

It’s just not a highly desirable fixture but of course cheaper seats would help. The club will argue though that by selling the allocation and the Brentford seats in the third tier, that they got it right and made more money than they would with cheaper seats and a few more ticket exchange seats sold.
I get what your saying and yes of coarse it's a hard sell,, but why not just put the tickets on the exchange at the individual price of a ticket of what the season ticket cost,, why try to mark it up by as much as they do?,,, I get why there doing it but it doesn't sit right with me, why not give people who aren't in the fortunate position of a season ticket a realistic chance of a game.

Personally as Ive said before £30 adult 15 for a kid is ample and realistic,, not for all but alot more than it is now

And for the record I try not to use the exchange for that very reason as I know the club take the piss and rather sell it at a proper price

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.