North Stand Expansion

It's "only" Brentford. It's a rearranged mid-week game in February. The "unsold" tickets (they have of course been sold already) on the ticket exchange would have probably been put up there at very short notice. School and work commitments (especially if travelling) are going to have a huge impact on demand for the final tickets. There's probably dozens of other valid reasons for them not moving (including cost for some people, yes) but at the end of the day it'll be a sell out despite having to sell the 3rd tier from Brentfords returns) late on.
I'm asking as I don't know. When was the date of the rearranged Brentford match announced?

After 15 years of trophy success. The best football manager, and the best football team in the world. A title race. A massive growth in our fan base in Gtr Manchester, let alone in the UK. (forget abroad)

Regardless of a midweek rearranged match, City should be able to selling out a 53,000+ Etihad, even if that includes previously sold out and relisted tickets on the ticket exchange. There's one main reason why the relisted exchange tickets haven't sold out, and that is the price of them.

As others have pointed out, the returned Brentford tickets, over 1000, at £30, sold out.

Same tier. Opposite corner. £21 more expensive. Not sold out.

1000004128.png

I'm asking as I don't know. When was the date of the rearranged Brentford match announced?

After 15 years of trophy success. The best football manager, and the best football team in the world. A title race. A massive growth in our fan base in Gtr Manchester, let alone in the UK. (forget abroad)

Regardless of a midweek rearranged match, City should be able to selling out a 53,000+ Etihad, even if that includes previously sold out and relisted tickets on the ticket exchange. There's one main reason why the relisted exchange tickets haven't sold out, and that is the price of them.

As others have pointed out, the returned Brentford tickets, over 1000, at £30, sold out.

View attachment 107624

Quite a few of those weren't on there when I looked on Sunday.

Last minute TE listings which will now be even harder to shift.

Agree that a cheaper price would make last minute buys more likely.

Last edited:
Quite a few of those weren't on there when I looked on Sunday.

Last minute TE listings which will now be even harder to shift.

Agree that a cheaper price would be last minute buys more likely.
Also though the returned Brentford tickets come up all at once so means people can buy a few tickets sat together, one of the obstacles to buying returned tickets is they are often singles, so my son and me wouldn't buy those we'd go for seats together in the returned block.

View attachment 107624
Well you weren't asking as you made a statement that it was purely down to price which it patently isn't. Yes, there'll be people who can't afford them but that's true no matter what the object being sold, I can't afford a Ferrari, should they put them up for the price of a 10 year Fiesta? They put the 1,000 tickets up at £30 which quickly sold out, how many were for sale at the higher price and how many are left now?

They are resales but at acceptable prices,, I simply hate what the club are doing with there sell ons simply ripping people of, or trying to and it ain't working is it,, people are starting to vote with there feet, simple as that

And do you really believe all tickets went on sale because I don't
Resale tickets have to be priced the same as tickets already sold otherwise people who have bought tickets would complain or next time wait Its not ripping off the orginal holder as if their ticket refund was the value of the resell people would be making a profit which is illegal
Now back to the North Stand expansion thread if i can find it seems to have gone missing need my crane fix

... people are starting to vote with there(sic) feet, simple as that

And do you really believe all tickets went on sale because I don't
Which makes ever game being a sell out very peculiar?

I have no idea what the 2nd sentence actually means?

Well you weren't asking as you made a statement that it was purely down to price which it patently isn't. Yes, there'll be people who can't afford them but that's true no matter what the object being sold, I can't afford a Ferrari, should they put them up for the price of a 10 year Fiesta? They put the 1,000 tickets up at £30 which quickly sold out, how many were for sale at the higher price and how many are left now?

You said 'short notice'. I asked you (specifically) when the Seat Exchange Tickets went on sale, as I wanted to know how long they Seat Exchange Tickets had actually been on sale for and how much notice City fans get to buy Seat Exchange Tickets as I (honestly) don't know . If you didn't know, just say you didn't know.

As for the reasons it didn't sell out, they are numerous reasons, as we've both pointed out, which I accepted and still accept, but the main reason the Seat Exchange Tickets didn't sell out was because of the price of the tickets. City shifted 1100, £30, SSL3, Brentford away seats at short notice.

Anyway, it's by the by now. The match didn't sell out, but at least City won, which was the most important thing last night. Hopefully there won't be another rearranged home fixture this season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.