North Stand Expansion

There WILL be a compromise solution for City and the arena that doesn’t include the ‘Holt Town Industrial Heritage March’.

Whether the parties concerned have the will or ability to find it is the question.

Football fans may accept shuttle buses and dangerously overcrowded trams but groups with Wimmin with handbags and nice gear might not.

Manchester’s transport system is unacceptably appalling !!
Interesting thread below discussing the coop live. They touch on the transport issues which may crop up especially when a game and event happen on the same night.

Still can't believe the coop live hasn't been granted a license only 6 weeks before opening!

Wasn't feeling too great last night, so started walking to the ground and got the tram at new Islington which wasn't too bad.

Ended up staying at the ground a bit later after the game, debated the tram but knew there would still be queues, so "let's get the bus to town". Saw a bus parked up so rushed to get it but they were full before we got on, no problem I thought just wait ten mins for the next one, except a steward came up and said "there's no buses now because we've closed the road. Well, there will be buses but only after the road opens". Ashton new road this was - they'd put cones in the road. Anyone know what that's about?

I don't think it mattered anyway, traffic was so bad that walking back to town we beat the 216 bus anyway...

Interesting thread below discussing the coop live. They touch on the transport issues which may crop up especially when a game and event happen on the same night.

Still can't believe the coop live hasn't been granted a license only 6 weeks before opening!

Snagging issues on the arena model as well. Top left corner of the arena model. Doesn’t bode well for the real arena.

Click to enlarge.

B45F68C2-6F41-404F-86BB-2A639C516607.jpeg

What are we looking for?

Just messing about mate, as the picture of the model has been already posted on the North stand thread. The top near corner at the end of the world LIVE in white. Enlarge the picture. You can’t miss what looks like damage to the model. I‘ll check the real arena on Sunday. Hopefully the living wall will be finished along Alan Turing Way? It was part finished the last time I saw it.

Within TWO years the transport system may have to cope with upto 88500 punters....it's currently unfit to cope with 53000.

What's going to change ??

Nothing, because there’s no extra money/funding for creating additional capacity on Metrolink. Gtr Manchester’s whole transport infrastructure and network is grinding to a halt as Manchester’s population continues to boom, meaning more cars, and more people using public transport. Traveling from A to Z around Gtr Manchester is taking longer and longer.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.