Not from Manchester, Not from the Uk, and I am a City Fan

Looking at a league table, looking at a trophy list, attaching yourself to a club knowing that in the future there will be success...are not reasons to become a fan of a football club. You don't choose your club. That's not what it's about.

It has always applied to them dick heads in red and applies to us and anyone elses club too.

danburge82 said:
Looking at a league table, looking at a trophy list, attaching yourself to a club knowing that in the future there will be success...are not reasons to become a fan of a football club. You don't choose your club. That's not what it's about.

It has always applied to them dick heads in red and applies to us and anyone elses club too.

agree with this

MrOblivious said:
I never knew other people needed an application form to be a City fan, no one should have to justify why they support our team to anyone else.

Of course our beautiful club means different things to different people, but really all that should matter is your own interest in the club, not giving it large about how you're a bigger City fan than anyone else.

To be honest, the owners made their intentions clear in regards to gaining new over sea fan bases - so I trust their judgement than someone who vilifies a new fan for liking the way we play.

It does seem that way from a lot of comments on here. Who cares if people jump on the bandwagon, it shouldn't take away from the absolute joy that long term fans felt after the QPR game. I wouldn't think international fans being at the Etihad should take away from the overall atmosphere amongst near 50,000.

I'm a recent fan myself, only since FIFA 07 where I just happened to pick City as the team I started a manager mode. Couple of years later I went travelled to Europe (not U.K) and went to a few massive matches and my interest levels went up a lot more. Fair enough me getting up at and screaming at the television at 4am should annoy my family but not other fans.

I can never get my head around people supporting from overseas. I just dont understand how people could feel the same passion and take every comment from everyone personally whether its good or bad.
I think its just because I dont support anyone overseas.

I suppose some people would think the same about me though, not being from Manchester.

As long as the new fans dont just jump ship and are in it for the long haul whether that be good or bad I dont mind who supports us, as long as it is supporting us the 'right way'

It will be weird if the community/family aspect changes. Letting on to someone in a City shirt and they just think your a dodgy fucker

Is the american/canadian guy on here that was in one of the celebration videos after we won the league? The one who says 'suck it Wayne Rooney'. I love that guy!

ZomB said:
Is the american/canadian guy on here that was in one of the celebration videos after we won the league? The one who says 'suck it Wayne Rooney'. I love that guy!

Don't know about the american/canadian but the one with the Algerian flag (pitch invasion) is here... And I think it's me lol
[ My presentation and what attached me to MCFC in page 42;) ]

WidnesBlue23 said:
I can never get my head around people supporting from overseas. I just dont understand how people could feel the same passion and take every comment from everyone personally whether its good or bad.
I think its just because I dont support anyone overseas.

I suppose some people would think the same about me though, not being from Manchester.

As long as the new fans dont just jump ship and are in it for the long haul whether that be good or bad I dont mind who supports us, as long as it is supporting us the 'right way'

It will be weird if the community/family aspect changes. Letting on to someone in a City shirt and they just think your a dodgy fucker

Sorry mate you are so wrong. I was near to a fan who was from Nigeria but now living in Manchester. When we went down 2- 1 the guy was on his knees sobing. That for me is raw passion.

halfcenturyup said:
You got that right. People posting that some fans are less than others on this thread are embarrassing.

If anyone thinks the owners bought the club to make a fortune out of the 30,000 fans who were there against York is out of his mind. You want the investment and the success, then suck it in and take the new fans. You don't want new fans, you can tell the Sheikh he isn't wanted and then go worship Shindler's new book.

And fans who only want you to support your local team should first ask themselves if there isn't a team more local to them than City. Not one? In any of the leagues? really?

Pretty much sums it all up IMO.

I'm from the states and I only started watching club football a few years ago. The world cup in 1994 was the first time I started following football at all. I started watching international games year round after to 2006 world Cup. After Italy won the world cup I really got hooked and wanted to check out club football. I was fan of Ricky Hatton and I was always pretty moved by his passion for City. To come to the ring to Blue Moon, with the crowd singing along and wearing the city colors was striking. I've never seen any pro athlete show that kind of passion for any team of any sport. So City was one of the clubs I started with along with Bayern Munich(because I like the German national team and they have half the squad). Tried to watch Seria A but the games are too slow. There are times when every game of the weekend ends in a 0-0 tie.

I preferred the Premier league from the start. I like the physical aspect and it just feels like there is a more tangible rivalry in the league than the Spanish, Italian and German leagues. Maybe it's just a result of the commentators, regardless the games feel bigger to me. I had a strong eye on City because of Hatton but I could have been swayed if another team had done something to appeal to me. Except United. Way too similar to the NY Yankees and I hate them even though I don't even like baseball. Started rooting for the Red Sox just to piss off my roommates. I enjoyed the way City played from the start but it wasn't until Nigel De Jong "Bruce Lee cross kicked" that Spanish cat in the chest in the world cup final that I really jumped on board with both feet. I love Hockey and American football so to see someone play that physical in a game often labeled "soft" by the American media was awesome.

I'm still enjoy watching Bayern, but more because I like the individual players on the team. I don't live and die with the team the way I do now with City. When they lost the Champions League I wished they won but that's about it. When QPR scored that second goal I was stunned. Praying they would find a way. Wanting to throw up watching the United fans at Sunderland cheering their title victory. When Aguero scored I had tears in my eyes. Neighbors must have thought I was killing a dog the way I was going on.

I've never bought into the idea that I have to root for this team or that team. I like who I want to like. Some local some not. I hate the USA Hockey team. I root for them to loose every game. I root for Russia because I enjoy their style of play. I don't like basketball but I still root for the US team to lose every game as well. They just rub me the wrong way. So for me to pick up on a team foreign team from Manchester isn't out of character at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.