Not from Manchester, Not from the Uk, and I am a City Fan

Template A) I've always hated United so I started to support City...

Template B) I have a soft spot for underdogs so I started to support City...

Template C) All my friends support United so I wanted to be different so I started to support City...

Doesn't matter where you're from as long as you genuinely support the club, but I just hate that "I've always hated United..." excuse.

Tbh im not bothered about us gaining 'glory hunters' as long as they know the clubs history and just learn about the club and its tradition. The thing that does worry me is gaining these 'fans' who know fuck all about the club fuck all about the players outside the starting 11 and fuck about football in general, most of the people I know who are united fans are like this and this is in Manchester. If we gain fans who acutally care for the club and it really hurts them when we lose them im not to fussed.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Tbh im not bothered about us gaining 'glory hunters' as long as they know the clubs history and just learn about the club and its tradition. The thing that does worry me is gaining these 'fans' who know fuck all about the club fuck all about the players outside the starting 11 and fuck about football in general, most of the people I know who are united fans are like this and this is in Manchester. If we gain fans who acutally care for the club and it really hurts them when we lose them im not to fussed.

That's the thing mate, the majority of these people don't know anything about City's past. From what I've read on here some of them started supporting City when Mancini took over or when Mansour took over to see the transormation. In my eyes, that is the definition of Glory Hunting. Fair enough if some people have supported City and seen what this club is all about but if someone suddenly decides to support another football team because of an investment then they can do one.

greasedupdeafguy said:

Couldn't agree more

Not English, I'm Algerian-French and I support City with all my heart! Since 2002.
There's many reasons why I love this club:
First of all, the mancunnian scene, I'm a big fan of the Gallagher brothers.
I saw the movie "There is only one Jimmy Grimble" <3
Different Algérian and French players (Ali Benarbia, Belmadi, Abdoun for Algeria. Anelka and Sibierski for France)
The keepers! As a former keeper, my favourite players was always gk, Schmeichel, Seaman... I loved this guys!
Marc Vivien Foé, this year I bought my first MCFC jersey, it was Foé 23 and he die the same year, I was shocked.

With all this facts, I interested to the club history, and I discovered that is a popular club, who works for his fans and communauty. I identified myself to the club, because for me football is a relationship between players and fans, not just for winning trophies while you share hapiness and sadness with your club! The first derby I saw was the last one at Maine Road, Nicolas scored (3-1).

With my friends who don't know City I always tried to teach them our history. Cause for me, City goes with me.

Proud to be a part of this team, hope you enjoyed my presentation.

Have just joined the site but Have been a City fan from New Zealand since my old man got me up to watch the 81 cup final aged 7. Saw them play twice in 92, when they beat Leeds 4-0 (Niall Quinn's chip from the edge of the box I'll never forget) and then a 3-3 draw with.....Oldham.... ouch....

I'm City through and through and shed tears when they won at 4 am our time the other day...

While some get on there high horses about new fans i say brilliant we were all new fans once & all for different reasons .dont forget when we beat Huddersfield 10 -1 there wasnt even 20.000.we want the new stadium to be filled every game so lets welcome people with dignity

pudge said:
Template C) All my friends support United so I wanted to be different so I started to support City...

Doesn't matter where you're from as long as you genuinely support the club, but I just hate that "I've always hated United..." excuse.

First of all I'm from Bosnia.

Not all, but most of my friends were on a Rags bandwagon (and still are), so I started supporting City. As years passed by, the team grew up on me (credits to City fans who had great part in it) and I developed a strange hatred towards Rags. So there are almost 10 years as I'm supporting City.

It was hard to watch every game because TV stations in my country prefer so-called "untouchable four", so I bought a satellite dish and watched games as long as they were available on foreign channels.

Then the blessing of a broadband internet arrived and I was able to watch the games online.

Just to mention that I was probably the only MCFC supporter in my city, until Dzeko arrived. Now the glory hunters, fake converts and Dzeko fans are emerging out of holes like bloody vermin (no hard feelings). But, who knows, maybe now is the best time to enlighten some of them. ;)

I never doubted that we will win the league, even when we're trailing 8 points. Lets win it again, just with at least 7 points difference. My nerves are a bit cranky after the last game.

CTID.

I never knew other people needed an application form to be a City fan, no one should have to justify why they support our team to anyone else.

Of course our beautiful club means different things to different people, but really all that should matter is your own interest in the club, not giving it large about how you're a bigger City fan than anyone else.

To be honest, the owners made their intentions clear in regards to gaining new over sea fan bases - so I trust their judgement than someone who vilifies a new fan for liking the way we play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.