Not from Manchester, Not from the Uk, and I am a City Fan

I've always loved the Premier League and I've followed the league since I was young. I took a liking to City as they were similar to the only other sports team I've ever supported (the New Orleans Saints - American football). Years of misery as a Saints fan, never winning a title, paper bags over the heads of fans attending games reminded me of and paralleled rough times for City. It just felt right to support a club like City. Thankfully, the Saints won their first ever championship in 2009 and now City in 2012 after 44 years. I understand the feeling of ownership that fans have over a club and I understand that a City fan in Manchester who grew up loving the club may feel angry that others around the world may take a liking to something they've known and loved their entire lives. Regardless, just know that I've worn every single article of City blue that I own every day this week and will continue until my fiancé makes me do laundry.

Slicker than Sommeil said:
Agüerooo said:
I have been a fan of Celtic since I was born even in the darker times when we had troubles,I became a Barca fan after seeing them play Celtic(you know the one where Messi had his last injury which btw im pretty sure was his last injury,such a glory hunter that I just picked that out of memory) and then became a fan of city after watchin them against the rags when hughes was in charge and we lost 4-3 in the 95th minute.If I was a glory hunter would I not have chose to go on the OTHER side ????
I honestly find it insulting that u call me a glory hunter.If I was a glory hunter im sure I would be changing teams every week to suit my "glory hunting" but I havent.As much as the 3 teams I support frustrate me I always support them regardless if they'r winning titles or not.I dont care if City didnt win anything next year I would still support them.

Can't believe that's how you're justifying it.
Yes, Messi is a brilliant player, doesn't mean I 'support' Barca. I've also seen Ronaldinho play at City, the first game at Etihad, and Messi when he played against us in Barca, we won 1-0 btw, you probably wouldn't know as it was over 2 years ago.

My belief still stands, you are a 'fanboy' following the better teams, not a supporter of just one. If you'd have said you were just Celtic, then fair enough, but supporting 3 teams, with City being in the last 2 years because you can see where we are going and that we're now champions, not buying it.

You'll probably be supporting PSG soon too, because they're looking like a good team to follow in the future.

I lose no sleep in knowing you feel insulated by my comments.

The Dunney monster had him in his back pocket. Certainly not the kind of performance that would entice you to switch allegiances ;)

_39385487_ron_pa33.jpg

SkyBlueFlux said:
Slicker than Sommeil said:
Agüerooo said:
I have been a fan of Celtic since I was born even in the darker times when we had troubles,I became a Barca fan after seeing them play Celtic(you know the one where Messi had his last injury which btw im pretty sure was his last injury,such a glory hunter that I just picked that out of memory) and then became a fan of city after watchin them against the rags when hughes was in charge and we lost 4-3 in the 95th minute.If I was a glory hunter would I not have chose to go on the OTHER side ????
I honestly find it insulting that u call me a glory hunter.If I was a glory hunter im sure I would be changing teams every week to suit my "glory hunting" but I havent.As much as the 3 teams I support frustrate me I always support them regardless if they'r winning titles or not.I dont care if City didnt win anything next year I would still support them.

Can't believe that's how you're justifying it.
Yes, Messi is a brilliant player, doesn't mean I 'support' Barca. I've also seen Ronaldinho play at City, the first game at Etihad, and Messi when he played against us in Barca, we won 1-0 btw, you probably wouldn't know as it was over 2 years ago.

My belief still stands, you are a 'fanboy' following the better teams, not a supporter of just one. If you'd have said you were just Celtic, then fair enough, but supporting 3 teams, with City being in the last 2 years because you can see where we are going and that we're now champions, not buying it.

You'll probably be supporting PSG soon too, because they're looking like a good team to follow in the future.

I lose no sleep in knowing you feel insulated by my comments.

The Dunney monster had him in his back pocket. Certainly not the kind of performance that would entice you to switch allegiances ;)

_39385487_ron_pa33.jpg

Dunney! Cant believe the reason "we cant afford you." ...ok Mark

I see both sides of the glory-hunting thing. Part of me thinks that its a little lame getting on late and when success has come after tougher times survived by others, but at the same time you have to expect thatll happen as success comes (and I like the "at least their not rags" point, so true).

Myself, I wont claim to be a blue back since Old Maine Rd but I am since 2008 when I moved to Manchester from Buffalo, NY. Went to MMU and all my friends were blues, and I dove head over heels right in. I likely would have been regardless of Kompany and Jo, then soon Robinho to follow just for the fact that they are EXACTLY a Buffalo team. Due hard Buffalo Bills (NFL) & Buffalo Sabres (NHL), and if anyone knows anything about NFL or NHL they are exactly the type of teams who, if they arent awful, take you right to the end and break your heart. Hence, why I was thinking "Again?!?!?" in the 87th min Sunday.

Though fans are fans and they all think theyre the best, I carry a similar feeling. With respect to those in Manchester, I know I obviously have nothing on them, but for anyone outside of Mancester that hasn't even been there I carry a feeling that "they have nothing on me" - though, its not like its fact. Fans are fans, its normal to think your the #1 fan, a true blue, among the elite. Thats what makes you a fan.

I'm from near Sydney and a massive City fan since birth. Used to be a junior blue.
My dad and his family are from Manchester. I'm a journo for an Australian newspaper. See my commentary piece of the title win. It says it all.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/tears-turn-to-cheers-as-final-day-rollercoaster-ends-on-high/2555821.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/ ... 55821.aspx</a>

MCFC Buffalo-NY said:
I see both sides of the glory-hunting thing. Part of me thinks that its a little lame getting on late and when success has come after tougher times survived by others, but at the same time you have to expect thatll happen as success comes (and I like the "at least their not rags" point, so true).

Myself, I wont claim to be a blue back since Old Maine Rd but I am since 2008 when I moved to Manchester from Buffalo, NY. Went to MMU and all my friends were blues, and I dove head over heels right in. I likely would have been regardless of Kompany and Jo, then soon Robinho to follow just for the fact that they are EXACTLY a Buffalo team. Due hard Buffalo Bills (NFL) & Buffalo Sabres (NHL), and if anyone knows anything about NFL or NHL they are exactly the type of teams who, if they arent awful, take you right to the end and break your heart. Hence, why I was thinking "Again?!?!?" in the 87th min Sunday.

I was born in Buffalo in '83 when my dad was doing his MBA at SUNY and came back to Malaysia two years later. My dad has been a City fan since the 70s so growing up, the only teams I followed as far as football and American football goes were City and the Bills.

That said, I feel ya buddy.

I live in Sweden. Never had an interest in football growing up, but as age came interest grew. I started following city more closely when Sven joined. As time went I started to care more about the club. When Sven left I stayed. Since then I have been a fan. I do not proclaim to be the biggest fan around. I do not have the history of darkness to make that claim. I do however claim to love the club and when aguero scored the winner i cried for the first time since my brother tried to commit suicide in 2009.

Damo7 said:
I'm from near Sydney and a massive City fan since birth. Used to be a junior blue.
My dad and his family are from Manchester. I'm a journo for an Australian newspaper. See my commentary piece of the title win. It says it all.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/tears-turn-to-cheers-as-final-day-rollercoaster-ends-on-high/2555821.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/ ... 55821.aspx</a>

like it and welcome to bluemoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.