Not from Manchester, Not from the Uk, and I am a City Fan

OABAAB said:
Remember how so many of us slag United off for their fans not being from Manchester???????

There is a difference between Educated Football Supporters who so happen to of chosen a Prem Club, and "Fans of Fashion" ie; people who just tag along with a club, choosing which one is most popular in their local bar/area.

There is also a big part of football culture titled "Banter"
I've taken the piss out of The Fashion Followers, as in people who attach themselves to the latest trends.
This isn't exclusively a foreign thing either - As seen when England win a few games in a tournament, everyone instantly put's up an England Flag in the window, buys the Shirt etc etc....

For me being apart of City is to run with the good, the bad and the ugly.
Followers of Fashion will quickly ditch this club as soon as the new summer collection is out.

In ten years time I might look scruffy, wearing the same shirt, but atleast I'm a blue through and through.

Are you with me? I doubt it...

OABAAB said:
Remember how so many of us slag United off for their fans not being from Manchester???????
yeah, i am not from manchester and i used to support united, and now i support city.... nooo, just kidding :)

Why Always Ste said:
OABAAB said:

There is a difference between Educated Football Supporters who so happen to of chosen a Prem Club, and "Fans of Fashion" ie; people who just tag along with a club, choosing which one is most popular in their local bar/area.

There is also a big part of football culture titled "Banter"
I've taken the piss out of The Fashion Followers, as in people who attach themselves to the latest trends.
This isn't exclusively a foreign thing either - As seen when England win a few games in a tournament, everyone instantly put's up an England Flag in the window, buys the Shirt etc etc....

For me being apart of City is to run with the good, the bad and the ugly.
Followers of Fashion will quickly ditch this club as soon as the new summer collection is out.

In ten years time I might look scruffy, wearing the same shirt, but atleast I'm a blue through and through.

Are you with me? I doubt it...

This is what I was trying to get at with the Celtic/Barca/City "supporter"... He's a fan boy, one that sits on fifa all day alternating between them while having the three best players on the back of their shirts... Aguero/Messi/Samaras or Brown.

I just can't understand someone saying they support 3 teams with the same passion, when he supported Celtic from birth and City only 2 years ago.

stratopedia said:
MCFC Buffalo-NY said:
I see both sides of the glory-hunting thing. Part of me thinks that its a little lame getting on late and when success has come after tougher times survived by others, but at the same time you have to expect thatll happen as success comes (and I like the "at least their not rags" point, so true).

Myself, I wont claim to be a blue back since Old Maine Rd but I am since 2008 when I moved to Manchester from Buffalo, NY. Went to MMU and all my friends were blues, and I dove head over heels right in. I likely would have been regardless of Kompany and Jo, then soon Robinho to follow just for the fact that they are EXACTLY a Buffalo team. Due hard Buffalo Bills (NFL) & Buffalo Sabres (NHL), and if anyone knows anything about NFL or NHL they are exactly the type of teams who, if they arent awful, take you right to the end and break your heart. Hence, why I was thinking "Again?!?!?" in the 87th min Sunday.

I was born in Buffalo in '83 when my dad was doing his MBA at SUNY and came back to Malaysia two years later. My dad has been a City fan since the 70s so growing up, the only teams I followed as far as football and American football goes were City and the Bills.

That said, I feel ya buddy.

You sire...are awesome
haha wow, whatta world!
'85 here went to Canisius HS then BuffSt and then over to MMU to finish college. (On a Bills note, we have our own SuperMario this year that could bring us some joy!)

citijin said:
glen quagmire said:
What attracted you to my club?
And when?

simple, i started supporting city since mancini joined. i knew city was going to be a big club, and i wanted to follow the transformation it was going through, and in time i became a big fan like any other city fan in this forum. in tokyo, i stay up until very late at night alone just to watch city games. And i am very very happy and excited to see what city has been able to achieve so far.

I'm also in Tokyo, but about to head back to Manchester after 2 years over here. Shame we didn't catch up to watch the games together!

I'm from the Czech Republic and became Man. City fan when Richard Dunne was the best player in sky blue. However, I can't say this too loud because people are always like: "Yeah. Really." :-(

bapi said:
I'm from the Czech Republic and became Man. City fan when Richard Dunne was the best player in sky blue. However, I can't say this too loud because people are always like: "Yeah. Really." :-(

This I welcome with open arms, people from abroad who supported City due to some random fact/player/manager/or other reason, and ONLY City when we shit, well mediocre.

Good man.

I live in the States and I started supporting City in 2004 for two reasons.

1) Claudio Reyna (and later DeMarcus Beasley)
2) Everybody around me always supported United.

So naturally, I became an unshakeable Citizen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.