Not on the telly again

Surely I'm not the only one who isn't arsed whatsoever that we've not been selected for live TV coverage, and if the game is indeed going to be a 3pm Saturday kick-off (no reason for it not to be but City may have asked for a Friday night game to give us an extra day's rest ahead of the Monaco match) then that's the best kick-off time that those going to the game could've hoped for. For those not going, there should be a fair few foreign streams to choose from so I honestly don't get the issue. Football fans are forever complaining about games being moved for TV and now we're seeing loads of complaints because it isn't on TV with a stupid kick-off time. We're on TV more than enough these days anyway and hence get plenty of exposure, so it's not like many neutral watchers won't be up to speed with our team.

And on this note, I offer up an alternative view with regards to every United game FA Cup being live on TV in the past 12 years - sure, it's ridiculous and it panders to their vast army of armchair followers but I'm guessing most regular match-going United fans are royally pissed off about it and wouldn't mind an FA Cup tie with a 3pm Saturday kick-off every now and then.

Just in a cab in London and the driver was a cockney red. We discussed how the TV coverage showed their standards had slipped further by being sponsorsed by the Uber / Goldman Sachs scumbags.

3pm on a Saturday is the best time for our game. Yes the Friday would have been decent too but not if we'd drawn Millwal away!

Now I have no big issue with United being on this time, I think it could be justified however you could argue that Huddersfield who are playing well against us who are now playing well is more attractive than a shite championship team and United. That being said they could argue there is a little history behind their fixture.

Feel more sorry for Huddersfield who have drawn a big gun at home and wont be rewarded with it being on the box.

the BBC dont know anything about football, apparently we played a strike force of Mane, Jesus and Sterling (Pep post match interview) last night, so obviously they don't know that City are one of the teams still in the cup maybe?
Agreed pal. I was so shocked I had to replay it to verify the ignorance regarding Leroy SANE's deserved prominence at Manchester City.
Very poor BBC journalism again. Where's the editorial check before it goes on their main worldwide sports-page.

The Rags. Really...
Its pathetic at least Huddersfield are half decent with a chance of getting promotion to prem.

The rags get another championship relegation fodder to give another dicking to how exciting.

Can we have a camera on twat face Charlton so we can get constant updates from his expressionless face when granny shagger scores again can we, can we, can we pleeeeeeeassssssse

Agreed pal. I was so shocked I had to replay it to verify the ignorance regarding Leroy SANE's deserved prominence at Manchester City.
Very poor BBC journalism again. Where's the editorial check before it goes on their main worldwide sports-page.
Oooh shit, no way... I thought it was a typo by the other reply but they genuinely put Mane rather than Sane?

Taking the piss. How do they even get this kind of job?

Glad it isn't on TV. Our games are messed around with far too much for TV coverage. The more 3pm Saturday games the better. I find it bizarre that a lot on here are moaning that we haven't been selected. I suppose that's modern football for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.