Not seeing Grand children. Need Help

If the parents are deemed fit parents you have no say or recourse at all. Seen it before and the grandparents simply had no voice legally speaking.

You would need to go to the Family Law court and put in an application to apply through the courts for access to your grandchildren. This process is what's used in Irish law so I'd assume its no different in the UK. You don't need lawyers involved. It would not be a bad idea to call or make an appointment with your local Citizens Advice Bureau and see what they say. I nearly ended up in the courts over my daughter acting silly and trying to stop me seeing mine, She got sense in the end and I see them twice a week now. A grandparents love is a totally different kind of love, I feel your pain blue and I hope it's sorted asap for you.

Being a grandparent does not automatically make you a suitable person to be around children, there are bad parents and there are bad grandparents, I know nothing of the OP circumstances, but I know mine and i can assure you that some grandparents are not fit to to help raise, nuture and be a part of any childs life.

Being a grandparent does not automatically make you a suitable person to be around children, there are bad parents and there are bad grandparents, I know nothing of the OP circumstances, but I know mine and i can assure you that some grandparents are not fit to to help raise, nuture and be a part of any childs life.
Agree with this. I resisted access to my own Son by his paternal Grandmother for reasons that were genuine at the time. Not saying this has similarities to the OP's circumstances, just saying that sometimes there are very good reasons.

Everyone has their own individual circumstances but, by and large, you could argue Grandparents make very capable supervisors of children. Years of experience and hopefully a mellow nature in the older age. They may not need to work anymore and have more time for people.

My one Grandad is a U****d fan but still bit the bullet and took me to Maine Road because I wanted to go.

I don't want to upset any Apple carts here, and my folks always had a good relationship with us when they were alive
But I really don't see why grandparents should have any legal rights of access to grandchildren.

Where do you draw the line?
Aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces?
Grandparents are generally pivotel in the upbringing of kids, taking to school, collecting from school, staying over at weekends, doing homework with them.
your statement was poorly thought out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.