NYPD.......pay

How much does it cost to live in NYC?

Most places have an off the radar area that is not bad for transport and cheap. I would say one of the city's this does not apply to though is NY, like London it has been scoured to fuck for a bargain and you just don't get them. Anywhere within striking distance instantly becomes as expensive as the the city, if not in general then train tickets to work etc.

Amsterdam was expensive to live in but there you could find cheap accommodation. A lad at work lived in an abandoned building, it was scheduled for demolition but with people in it they could not so a kind of commune started. He basically had his own flat and the government would not turn gas and leccy etc off either due to human rights something or other. He kept it nice and paid a small fee to the hippy chiefs who were really good tbh. There was no crime at all when i knew the place, mad as fuck when i think back to it. Oh they did turn leccy off at 7pm but they had generators and stuff which i assume his small rent went towards. They were some pretty cool hippies as usually they are really just prickly arsy sods at odds with the world.

Yes....I'm bored.

Just watching some shite on telly (Blue Bloods), a pile of pump about an Irish NYPD dynasty. A few are on about second jobs as they didn't earn enough. Got me thinking about how little they must earn to have to take on second jobs, so I Googled it:

Rookie salary - £33,609
After 5 years - £47,712

Then, 1 in 6 is a detective, with no exam it's done on merit. Starting salary for detective is £70,461.

1 in 7 is a sergeant, who start on £82,696.

Fucking hell, that's good money.

Now, if the Google searches are right, who the fuck wouldn't join the pohlice in New York?

I dont think you can beat that....

Most places have an off the radar area that is not bad for transport and cheap. I would say one of the city's this does not apply to though is NY, like London it has been scoured to fuck for a bargain and you just don't get them. Anywhere within striking distance instantly becomes as expensive as the the city, if not in general then train tickets to work etc.

Amsterdam was expensive to live in but there you could find cheap accommodation. A lad at work lived in an abandoned building, it was scheduled for demolition but with people in it they could not so a kind of commune started. He basically had his own flat and the government would not turn gas and leccy etc off either due to human rights something or other. He kept it nice and paid a small fee to the hippy chiefs who were really good tbh. There was no crime at all when i knew the place, mad as fuck when i think back to it. Oh they did turn leccy off at 7pm but they had generators and stuff which i assume his small rent went towards. They were some pretty cool hippies as usually they are really just prickly arsy sods at odds with the world.
So how much to live in NYC?

Yes....I'm bored.

Just watching some shite on telly (Blue Bloods), a pile of pump about an Irish NYPD dynasty. A few are on about second jobs as they didn't earn enough. Got me thinking about how little they must earn to have to take on second jobs, so I Googled it:

Rookie salary - £33,609
After 5 years - £47,712

Then, 1 in 6 is a detective, with no exam it's done on merit. Starting salary for detective is £70,461.

1 in 7 is a sergeant, who start on £82,696.

Fucking hell, that's good money.

Now, if the Google searches are right, who the fuck wouldn't join the pohlice in New York?
Wouldn't buy you much in NY

Average rent in nyc is over 30k per annum. That would typically be a one bed apartment, no parking or anything. All you food etc would be very expensive. So it's not great money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.