Offside judgement (Laporte v Wolves)

I’m not saying it’s a good system. I was just explaining about the line width shown being for tv audience purposes.
No worries. It is a poor presentation of poor decisions made with incomplete, inaccurate information.

I thank you for pointing out the single pixel lines (I wasn’t aware it was thus), but it doesn’t change the inadequacies it is showcasing on a regular basis.

No worries. It is a poor presentation of poor decisions made with incomplete, inaccurate information.

I thank you for pointing out the single pixel lines (I wasn’t aware it was thus), but it doesn’t change the inadequacies it is showcasing on a regular basis.
I into knew as I’ve posted the PL’s article about VAR where they try (and Hawk Eye) and explain how it works a few times.

Are they using bottom of the shirt sleeve? What if long sleeve shirt on? Arbitrary point then?
It’s where the bottom of the armpit would be on the arm (approximately where a t shirt sleeve would end) but yeah, pretty much depends on the var official and where he places it.

Doesn’t just happen to City though as last night shows.

A468A24D-B4D9-44F4-A12B-A44B13632DF2.jpeg

Not even a Chelsea fan, but this infuriated me.
Fulham has similar against Spurs.

The reason I bring it up is because a huge number of posters on here only watch City games so when they’re given against City, they think that there’s a conspiracy to stop City as opposed to the lines just being drawn the same (whether we like them or not) in every game.

More than the offsides, this would have annoyed me more this week if I was a Liverpool fan. How’s it not a penalty?

0617A8C6-F8D6-4599-864B-18722980C70C.jpeg

So I now understand that the VAR thickens the lines for tv purposes after making the judgement using thinner lines. I don't think many people know this and I don't think its particularly helpful either.

Its tinkering with the pictures, so the thicker lines are obscuring part of the view. It looks crap. In my minds eye, I'm left with a blurred image of thick lines drawn from arbitrary points on players arms. It's hardly convincing.

The reason I bring it up is because a huge number of posters on here only watch City games so when they’re given against City, they think that there’s a conspiracy to stop City as opposed to the lines just being drawn the same (whether we like them or not) in every game.

More than the offsides, this would have annoyed me more this week if I was a Liverpool fan. How’s it not a penalty?

View attachment 11871
What really irked me about the offside, in VAR-less season, I daresay 10 of out 10 times the refs will look at it and say that's on, and no one would complain. VAR's supposed to make things clearer, but it came packaged with unnecessary rule modifications that actually make things way murkier.

I've seen teams from top to bottom of the league all getting shafted by VAR. I don't know if there's corruption or not, but I'm inclined to say it's just plain referee incompetency. At this point, no one seems to know the rules to the game anymore, not the players, not the managers, and I think not even the refs themselves know the rules.

View attachment 11871
I'd be fuming if that was given against us. There's no more than a yard between attacker and defender and the ball came at him at pace. God knows (because PGMOL, players, fans and pundits don't) whether 'intent' still plays any part in handball decisions but this was clearly accidental. It used to be a favourite trick of Suarez, get to the byeline, flick the ball up toward the defenders arm and scream "penalty".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.