Old Manchester

This is a documentary made in the mid 60s in Oldham about the slum clearance of St Mary's, it has more poignancy for me because I grew up around there, but it has some proper characters and shows how pubs used to be.

There is another documentary knocking about called 'Just like Coronation St' that I'd love to see but unfortunately I can't find it.

Left Ancoats in the early 70's, after they pulled half of it down. Great place as a kid, knew everyone, aunties and uncles whether related or not everywhere. Lots of smart looking people, sharp suits and hair, possibly because of the Italian influence, loads of noisy pubs, and town on the doorstep.

6fmcqt.jpg

Care for a pint ?
Went in a few times, the wife lived on Siam St Bradford, there were a few pubs built around Fort Beswick most were open about 10 years or fewer and then closed, the Honeycombe on Rylance St was another, hope i'v got that name right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.