Omar Berrada to the rags | TLDR: They want to be us.

If true, United have become very pally, pally all of a sudden after over a decade of trying to destroy City.(on-going via the PL) What is Scruffy Jim up to?
Khaldoon is not an idiot, you keep your friends close but your enemies even closer.

Agent Omar in the house!

City and United being politically on the same side on all major issues would be incredible for both clubs and for Manchester.
I hope we continue to build positive relationships with them.
Have you had a bang on the head? "Positive relationships" my arse!! We gave them a kit, we even let them use our ground after uwe's grandad had used theirs for target practice, and what thanks did we get? They have been trying to destroy us for years and now we are on top They want to be fwends......I say FUCK EM!!!!

We don't need to be friends to cooperate with each other and have a cohesive joint strategy on the politics involved in football investment. It benefits us greatly to have their political power in step with our own.

As long we are not publically close and all of it just behind scene then i'm fine with it.

We don't need to be friends to cooperate with each other and have a cohesive joint strategy on the politics involved in football investment. It benefits us greatly to have their political power in step with our own.
I've nothing against City adopting a pragmatic stance in the circumstances, but life has taught me if someone's tried to stiff you once, they'll do it again given half the chance.

ManUre are being cordial because they could possibly need "The Council House" to become their home for a couple of seasons.

Granted, Scruffy Jim might not be as mired in hatred for City as Gill, GPC & others, BUT those who are, are still haunting the corridors of Old Toilet sticking pins in City Voodoo paraphernalia.

Last edited:
I've nothing against City adopting a pragmatic stance in the circumstances, but life has taught me if someone's tried to stiff you once, they'll do it again if it's in their interests to do so.

ManUre are being cordial because they could possibly need "The Council House" to become their home for a couple of seasons.

Granted, Scruffy Jim might not be as mired in hatred for City as Gill, GPC & others, BUT those who are, are still haunting the corridors of Old Toilet sticking pins in City Voodoo paraphernalia.

I wouldn't trust Ratcliffe either. As far as I can see, he has shafted everyone he needs to, when he needs to in order to be successful. But our owners are smart, I am sure they can see what he is up to.

I've nothing against City adopting a pragmatic stance in the circumstances, but life has taught me if someone's tried to stiff you once, they'll do it again if it's in their interests to do so.

Their hatred has made them completely underestimate the juggernaut we’ve become. I prefer the clueless hatred than the admiration & respect.

Sure, I agree with that. United are being more cordial because it's in their self interest at the present time, and the moment that it is no longer in their self interest then things will change. But this is generally how I believe that most businesses work. It's within City's self interest to have the protection and political power that United have in the halls of UEFA and the PL if only for a time, and certainly during a period where financial regulations and regulators are being put together.

Essentially I think the same about this arrangement as I did for the Super League - I don't want it but if it exists then we need to be in it. Or to put it another way, somebody is going to get fucked here no matter what anybody does. We should make sure it's not us. United and us having shared interests in these regulations around investment and revenue would be useful to that end.

Sure, I agree with that. United are being more cordial because it's in their self interest at the present time, and the moment that it is no longer in their self interest then things will change. But this is generally how I believe that most businesses work. It's within City's self interest to have the protection and political power that United have in the halls of UEFA and the PL if only for a time, and certainly during a period where financial regulations and regulators are being put together.

Essentially I think the same about this arrangement as I did for the Super League - I don't want it but if it exists then we need to be in it. Or to put it another way, somebody is going to get fucked here no matter what anybody does. We should make sure it's not us. United and us having shared interests in these regulations around investment and revenue would be useful to that end.

Jesus, I hope we never share United's interests around investment and revenue. I may be naïve, and I realise that all businesses protect themselves and their interests, but I would hope City, of all clubs, will take the moral ground around such issues and support solutions that guarantee competition and development for any club. I would hope this is something the regulator will look at as well, but I am not holding my breath.

I am probably getting too old for this modern world, but I don't think for one moment there is any sincerity in Ratcliffe's cozying up and I doubt the owners will think so either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.