On the site of the Etihad in the past - and pictures of olde Manchester

Used to live on Kay street back in the 60s, Its a small industrial estate now, point it out to my lad on the way to the match sometimes, and he can't understand there's no plaque, sarky get.

To my eternal shame, most of my family were Utd fans but whilst tracing my family tree I did find connections to Sarah Ann Street, Beswick.

Not being familiar with the old Beswick I would love it if Sarah Ann Street was somewhere within the Etihad grounds as the irony would be fantastic but can't find definitively where it was or where that lies in relation to the ground ... can anyone shed a light?

Ironically I live in a small village called Winwick just outside Warrington and was made up when I traced relatives in the 17th century as having been born in the same village ..... spooky that we may have walked down the same lanes centuries apart!

Last edited:
I was born just off hyde rd gorton just where the kfc is now. Then moved to lake st where the the north stand and the colin bell stand meet. went to the rowsley cinema on stott st for (saturday matinees) where the car park is. has you turn in off ashton new rd spent many a day in phillips park ho happy days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.