Open arms for new fans !

lukyman said:
dobobobo said:
Why should we welcome glory hunters?

I'm all for foreign supporters who have City as their second team. But anyone from England seeking glory can fuck right off. "#Together" was following City even when things were really bad.
So, let me get this right as i am a bit slow this morning.
Are you saying City don't want anymore English supporters?

Not glory hunters no.

For why I here you ask?

Example 1: A cockney kid says to his cockney Dad, "I want a City shirt". This kid goes on to support City for the rest of his life.

Example one supporters, like this kid, I will welcome with open arms.

Example 2: Cockney Dad says to kid:

Cockney Dad: "Son, we're now supporting City"
Kid: "But Dad, all might mates are Arsenal or United fans"
Cockney Dad: "No son, football is about glory"
Kid: "But, when will I ever get to go to a football match?"
Cockney Dad: "We have Sky for that son."
Kid: "But Dad it makes no sense"
Cockney Dad: "Hush now boy, hush"

Example two supporters can fuck right off.

I couldn't care less if some twats in America wear our shirts and support us just as long as they don't get anywhere near COMS/Etihad

I don't understand why one's location/race is such an issue?

I remember a few Chinese bro's who went to games, started following City because of an interest in Sun Jihai

One of them moved back to China, but still follows City.

What, he's a gloryhunter because of his Location?

We accuse the media of being Xenophobic with regards to our owners yet we are as well.

There could be a White English born Mancunian who lives in Newton Heath who has just started following city because of the success... Glory hunting yet a Chinese guy who lives thousands of miles away is regarded as a lesser fan.... For al you know has been supporting City for many years.

I take supporters of our club as individuals, my judgement being based on their knowledge and commitment.

if they are unaware of past times it is up to us to educate them on our History... if they aren't as committed to match going as us - it's up to us to show them how to properly support your club.

My only concern is a big price hike for my seasoncard, leaving many loyal fans being priced out, replaced with tourist money.

dobobobo said:

I'm all for foreign supporters who have City as their second team. But anyone from England seeking glory can fuck right off. "#Together" was following City even when things were really bad.

Kids under 13 in Devon, Norfolk and Lincolnshire, who are going to switch to City couldn't have been at York away.
They will demand (and get) a replica shirt for their birthday and cheer us on from afar over the next few years.
In 10 years time, they'll be in their local supporters club travelling to games or choosing Manchester Uni so they can be in their ''spiritual home''.

Welcome them all.

paphos-mcfc said:
Not keen on the Idea of 'Glory hunters' as we call the rag fan base. I've said it before, we'll up with fans all over the world wearing 'fake' City shirts like the scum, barca, real and bayern. It will happen.
You can look at it another way,

Those ppl all over the world who turns into city fans. its not only their money and foundatations for larger sponsorship deals being good for the future of our club! but some of them may get offspring who will become the next super star! and would be dreaming to play for us!

There can only be positives to increase the fanbase.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
dobobobo said:

Kids under 13 in Devon, Norfolk and Lincolnshire, who are going to switch to City couldn't have been at York away.
They will demand (and get) a replica shirt for their birthday and cheer us on from afar over the next few years.
In 10 years time, they'll be in their local supporters club travelling to games or choosing Manchester Uni so they can be in their ''spiritual home''.

Welcome them all.

Missed my second post then?

It's a natural thing. Get bigger, win things every week and we get more fans. Not really fussed if they never get off their sofas as long as the club gets money from them via shirt sales or a scarf here and there.

dobobobo said:

What about foreigners like me who have had City as their first team since they were 5?

IcelandicBlue said:
dobobobo said:

What about foreigners like me who have had City as their first team since they were 5?

3 whole years? Pah...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.