Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with this

Might be wrong but what top club in world football has more than three senior centre backs

Madrid - ramos (who can play rb), varane and pepe Nacho

munich - dante, boateng, benatia Badstuber Martinez

barce - mashcerano, pique, bartra Matthieu

chelsea - terry, zouma ( who can muliple positions), cahill
Edited for accuracy.

Belittling Denayer's performances is grossly unfair. He has played in big games against tough opponents, he has played away from home in France & starred, he has narshalled the defence in the San Siro with ten men & starred

If he was bigger, I would start him in every single game ahead of anybody. It is only his physical size which makes me think he needs time. Vinny showed Ivanovich how that works on Sunday & he's a fucking big unit. That's my only concern re Denayer. So play him in another position if he struggles. Get rid of someone else.

And that's why I said I believe you may well be overrating Denayer based on where his game is currently. 1 season of football in Scotland, interspersed with very occasional higher quality games (a handful) against better opposition is nowhere near enough to be suggesting he should "start....in every single game ahead of anybody".

Not sure Messi's a valid comparison mate, he was more or less ready to slot straight into Barca's first XI straight from La Masia. He was that good.

I agree with the point though, there'll always be a player out there who'd make a better short term fix than giving a talented young player a shout. If you have that attitude you'll never blood in a young player into the side.

Denayer's the closest thing we've had to a proper ready made academy graduate since the takeover IMO, and we've shown a complete lack of trust in him.

Yes Messi was good enough to play but they are Barca. Messi wasn't the best pkayer in the world at that age. They could get the best. They used Messi instead because of what he could be not because of what he was already.

If Denayer is as good as he thinks he is (along with fans that have actually watched him play including myself) he has nothing to worry about. He will get plenty of game time once the cup comps come round. For the first time in ages we are going to be in a position where mid week european games, league cup games etc won't totally screw our league form up as we will be able to 'rotate' and rotate with quality at that! Chill out everyone

Clubs that develop their own players, trust them & risk relying on them from time to time, because it is important.

If you look at what you have posted, then it means no young player will ever play for City. We can always find a player who, if we don't sign them, we could be said to be 'missing out' on strengthening, as opposed to promoting a kid. Always. Even when Messi was a kid, he wasn't the absolute best player Barca could have had. He was used because he was good enough to play a part not because he was perfect. Same with Giggs at Utd. He wasn't the best winger in the league at 19 there were better, older players. They could afford to sign better. None of those kids were the best. They chose to trust them & develop them. And won the title.

You're fighting a losing battle sadly. Most are convinced the club are getting this youth development thing right and genuinely believe players should be farmed off on loan all the time until they're good enough at the age of 23 or sumat stupid. Mental.

And that's why I said I believe you may well be overrating Denayer based on where his game is currently. 1 season of football in Scotland, interspersed with very occasional higher quality games (a handful) against better opposition is nowhere near enough to be suggesting he should "start....in every single game ahead of anybody".

I didn't say he should. I said if he was bigger I would. His ability & Kompany's build he would be the best defender in the world. He looked a much better player than Verane by comparison at international level, in every single aspect of the game except size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.