Oumar Niasse charged by FA

Personally, I think that if you massively exaggerate the contact, you shouldn't get a penalty on principle. I also think that the time a player spends off the pitch getting treatment should be linked to the number of times they roll over.

I don't get all this 'there was contact'. Football is a contact sport, you dont have to throw yourself on the floor because someone brush your arm or leg. 40 yards further back he stays on feet and tries to control the ball and look for team mate.
Not every bit of contact is a foul or entitle you to throw yourself on floor.

This decision troubles me. Yes, he went down very easy but there was some contact. Not enough and he bought the penalty maybe. But dann does make contact with him. How a panel of three 'experts' can come to the decision that they would all have given that as a dive without a shadow of doubt is puzzling. The video evidence just don't back it up, so they've taken a leap towards interpretation I feel.

Based on this I'm surprised we didn't see B Silva and Sterling banned already (not saying they dived but the interpretation is wide open now) and looking at last nights highlights then surely Ayew faces a ban now too.

Can of worms.

But the keeper clearly knelt on Silva foot causing him to fall, and Monreal? clearly made no attempt at playing the ball , before taking Sterling leg out at the thigh. So nothing like this lad throwing himself on the floor because Dann brushed his shorts

Very dodgy indeed as will be video replays. I trust that someone will compile a league table of clubs who have decisions go against them following review in both instances. I'd put money on us finishing highest of the top 6 clubs with someone like Stoke at the top.

Calm down.

Bernie was fouled. It was only the media trying to make it something it was not.

But the keeper clearly knelt on Silva foot causing him to fall, and Monreal? clearly made no attempt at playing the ball , before taking Sterling leg out at the thigh. So nothing like this lad throwing himself on the floor because Dann brushed his shorts
I'm not disputing it, I saw Silva's foot get caught up too and for me it was a foul all day, but there was a 'discussion' amongst fans and pundits about Bernardo's fall which, I can see in the future, could lead to a review and possible ban given the action against Niasse, as it comes down to the interpretations of three individuals sat on a panel watching replays.

We could also see players staying on their feet more now and not getting the penalty, when replays show clear contact and a penalty should have been given. What use is a post match decision in that such case?

I fear Refs will be aware of the focus on this and don't want to be made a fool of, so may err on the side of caution more often and claim they didn't have a good view - mic them up and maybe we get the transparency we need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.