Our combi boiler sounds like a fog horn

Ever since we moved in it's occasionally done this every few hours or so. This last week has been fucking unbearable, we've even had to turn the heating off at night because it was keeping us and the neighbours up.
We had our yearly gas check and boiler service earlier in the week and we mentioned it the blokes who didn't have a clue and wasn't that fucking interested tbh.
When it goes off, it lasts for anything from a couple of seconds to almost a minute. I'm hope the plumbing and heating gurus on bm can identify the problem, and no, I don't know what make of boiler it is.
It's going off about 3 times an hour. On the plus side, at least when it's foggy we would be safe from passing oil tankers, even if we are about 60 fucking miles inland.

I might need some water adding in to the system. Is there a tap near the boiler that is for this purpose? Ours does this occasionally and the engineer who came to look at it just added some water and it stopped. That said, I'm still a bit puzzled where the water went...evaporation?

I might need some water adding in to the system. Is there a tap near the boiler that is for this purpose? Ours does this occasionally and the engineer who came to look at it just added some water and it stopped. That said, I'm still a bit puzzled where the water went...evaporation?
It's a combi boiler on the mains water supply. How could it need water adding?

If turning down the boiler stat has made it worse, that's baffling - to reach a higher cut-off temperature the boiler would have had to be on longer than at lower, so why it should make the noise more is strange (but then so's the noise). Very odd.

Could it possibly be something as simple as a pipe that isn't secured properly and it's vibrating. We had this in work and it was incredibly loud.

Wow, what a coincidence, my boiler has just gone on the blink!!!

It is a top of the range Worcester Bosch floor standing model. It had a fancy display on the front that tells you everything the boiler is doing etc.

The boiler suddenly stopped working and the display is saying "The D5 condensate pump float sensor is faulty-----replace part number 875477654 to rectify fault"
........any "experts" on here know what on earth the fault could be. The display is a bit vague etc.
It sounds like there's a fault on the pump float sensor

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.