" Our day out" by Willy Russell

ColinBellsjockstrap

Just watched this last night. It tells the story of some deprived inner city schoolkids having a day out to North Wales in 1977, quite good I thought...rather sad in a way.

I saw a production of this by the Oldham Theatre Workshop as a kid and enjoyed it. One or two of the cast went on to bigger things. Didn't know it was a film though. Cheers for the link.

one of my favourite series, that and the film Kes evoke so many memories of a misspent childhood

I loved one summer and Brookside also. Does anybody remember Scully? parts of it were filmed in Hulme.

Remember Scully being filmed in Hulme. Great vantage point on the walkway in the flats near Epping Walk. Happy days.

I think I've seen it....stealing sweets at motorway service station?

You used to get similar material on the BBC's Play For Today. I remember one about a poor scouse family living in Manchester, it details their problems with the DHSS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.