Our Homeless in Manchester..

DTKOAG

Got the train into Manchester Piccadilly today at around 1.00 pm.
We walked from the station down the side of Piccadilly gardens & up to exchange square and i could not believe the amount of people lay in doorways / street corners & shop fronts in that small distance.
On market street alone just before the Barclays Bank on the left hand side a shop for let had 4/5 people lay asleep just sprawled across the front.
What on earth is the labour council doing about this ?
In all the years of visiting our great city centre i have not witnessed how bad this has now become.

The Labour council can only do so much with the money given by a Tory government (hey, the prime minister's mother even complained about it in her leafy constituancy, in fact Dave complained about the cuts he enforced)

Have they not just been evicted from the camp they set up beside the Mancunian way? Obviously some of them have no choice to be homeless but I bet there is a fair few who could kop themselves on and get back to a normal existence. It's about making the right decisions in life.

Feel sorry for some of them but there's some who beg aggressively on market Street tram platform every night at 5. I would buy anyone a brew or sandwich but I can't stand the asking for money every night

Hundreds of legitimate homeless on our city's streets and this is where your sentiments lie? Get fucked, mate.

No need. It's a fact. Most of them are spaced out of their heads on spice. Gave one 24p loose change in my pocket last week and he had a go at me! That area attracts the most passers by and so they get the most money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.