Our inability to set up properly for big games

By good defensively, I'm saying positionaly he was almost always in play. Even in the foul, he was there, Mahrez is just a good footballer. I don't consider other teams bad when Aguero vlows by their defenders. Aguero is good at that. Mahrez is even better. And quite likely would have blown past Clichy or anyone else 8 of 10 tries. So that to me is not poor. I just raise my hat to the talent of the striker.

Pellars knew this and put his 2nd best defender out wide to help. I can't fault him for that. That is the attention to detail he is often accused of not showing. He put Dihno man on Okazaki. Played one high one low on Vardy. All these tactical choices are easy to spot. Yet he is accused often of not consideinf his opponents. That I simply can't agree with.

As for the youth players, well he didn't play them, but had he and we lost, the argument would simply have gone ' why play kids in the biggesr match of the season'. This is my issue. Blaming Pellars is an after the fact paastime here.

We played offsides with no pressure on the ball & slow cbs, vs the fastest player in the league.

2 goals from set plays, another from a fast break in which the player beat 2 defenders.

Factually speaking, you are wrong. None of the 3 goals was a DIRECT result of the high line. But feel free to claim otherwise.

Your insults by the way are more on point than your analysis of the game. I do talk a lot of rubbish, and moonshine when made right is tasty. I'll give you that much ;)

Well I often talk hogwash but not here.

It is semantic sugur to catagorise DIRECT and INDIRECT. You have to take into account the "Holistic Whole" of our defence as our Chairman says.

Last edited:
By good defensively, I'm saying positionaly he was almost always in play. Even in the foul, he was there, Mahrez is just a good footballer. I don't consider other teams bad when Aguero vlows by their defenders. Aguero is good at that. Mahrez is even better. And quite likely would have blown past Clichy or anyone else 8 of 10 tries. So that to me is not poor. I just raise my hat to the talent of the striker.

Pellars knew this and put his 2nd best defender out wide to help. I can't fault him for that. That is the attention to detail he is often accused of not showing. He put Dihno man on Okazaki. Played one high one low on Vardy. All these tactical choices are easy to spot. Yet he is accused often of not consideinf his opponents. That I simply can't agree with.

As for the youth players, well he didn't play them, but had he and we lost, the argument would simply have gone ' why play kids in the biggesr match of the season'. This is my issue. Blaming Pellars is an after the fact paastime here.
And yet he played Ya Ya as defensive mid fielder from the start when he shouldn't ( Ya Ya's failure to win a 60/40 ball in his favour resulted in the build up to their first goal) and he played DM ( who went awol on the two Huth goals) when clearly Sagna was the better choice ,or maybe Sagna and DM and Ota (Spurs played 3 CBs recently to nullify Watford's attacking threat, an unfamiliar tactic for them but it worked and they won).
In getting bogged down in the detail mate you're missing the bigger picture. Given Leicester's blistering pace on the counter we should have had a more defensive line up and played deeper, this means no Silva, Sagna as a third CB ,or if not then Sagna for DM and Fernando on with Ya Ya in a more advanced role, and there are one or two other more defensive combinations possible.
As it is we simply played into their hands and allowed them to play their natural game.

Manuel doesn't research and respect the other teams weaknesses and strengths! He just sticks his team out and expects them to win? He has zero tactical nous and in Europe and big away games been incredibly naive

Manuel doesn't research and respect the other teams weaknesses and strengths! He just sticks his team out and expects them to win? He has zero tactical nous and in Europe and big away games been incredibly naive
Lol

Yet he set up against Sevilla (A) as we should set up against every CL team and every PL side in the top 8. So Pellers can do it.

Well I often talk hogwash but not here.

It is semantic sugur to catagorise DIRECT and INDIRECT. You have to take into account the "Holistic Whole" of our defence as our Chairman likes to talk about.
No. It's factual. The sematic sugar is trying to blur the line between the 2, and pretend there is no distinction. But I make that point as a first salvo in a deeper analysis of what we did and didn't do.

It helps clear up what the true arguments are and highlights what' is just simply pretext.

No. It's factual. The sematic sugar is trying to blur the line between the 2, and pretend there is no distinction. But I make that point as a first salvo in a deeper analysis of what we did and didn't do.

It helps clear up what the true arguments are and highlights what' is just simply pretext.
We shall have to disagree. One effects the other. There is a DIRECT causal relationship.

Last edited:

I don't mean any disrespect but I honestly can't work out whether you're an intelligent guy who really knows his football tactics or just someone who speaks nonsense in bullshitty riddles and wins arguments because people lose the will to live let alone argue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.