Our inability to set up properly for big games

I don't mean any disrespect but I honestly can't work out whether you're an intelligent guy who really knows his football tactics or just someone who speaks nonsense in bullshitty riddles and wins arguments because people lose the will to live let alone argue.
Could be both or neither. :) And I don't take offense. You have been honest in your exchange and I appreciate that. Most aren't.

Liverpool?
Even if I agreed he didn't against Liverpool, the fact that he has against a majority of the other teams he has played, even when it fails, suggests the claim is still LOL moment.

We really can't believe these school boy claims can we?

Yet he set up against Sevilla (A) as we should set up against every CL team and every PL side in the top 8. So Pellers can do it.[/QUOTE]

and Roma away last season, both with Yaya nowhere near any defensive duties, so yes he can do it but is far to arrogant to do it in the premier league where in my opinion he disrespects all the oppositions abilities thinking his way will beat anyone. until he learns to protect his defence we will struggle in all the big games coming up
Believe it or not I still feel we will win the league but only if he changes his wrong ways

Could be both or neither. :) And I don't take offense. You have been honest in your exchange and I appreciate that. Most aren't.
You're a good sport anyway and fair play to you for fighting the manager's corner when many seem to think he's lost his mind.

Even if I agreed he didn't against Liverpool, the fact that he has against a majority of the other teams he has played, even when it fails, suggests the claim is still LOL moment.

We really can't believe these school boy claims can we?
So we can agree at least that he blew it against Liverpool.
What about Stoke, any comment there?
The Liverpool game was a big game and to lose the way we did was humiliating for the club,players and fans alike. It can't be simply written off as just one game we lost.
Liverpool is then followed by Leicester a major loss you seem happy to pass off on the back of a couple of errors by DM, whereas over the 90 mins we were outplayed,out thought and outclassed.
Wake up and smell the coffee mate.

So just Sevilla then?

I was about to point out Sagna not being a CB, but I see you did so yourself. Which is the point I was trying to make with this exercise. These believes held by many simply don't hold up under mild scrutiny. Talk less a rigorous one.

Let me do you one better.

Stoke v City

Hart Kolarov Otamendi Demi Sagna Fernando Fernandihno DeBryune Silva Sterling Bony.

Square pegs in square holes. Still we got punked. These claims never hold up under the light of scrutiny. :)

But it never stops folks from believing it though. They just move to something different to moan about. At Stoke, it was why not start Kelechi over Bony, and Delph over Fernando, and Navas. You know we always win when he plays :)

I've said it many a time on many a thread. The standard format is to take what rudimentary personel selection Pellars doesn't make and claim its the cause. And thus, Pellars suck.

Let's be clear here, I hold no position on whether Pellars suck or not, just saying the claims often made for why he does are mostly reached after the fact.
I'll sum this up for you. The fact that no team in history has ever gone unbeaten irrespective of which players they have or what tactical formation they use shows your points have more holes in them than a sieve.

Where have I said that any system is infallible or unbeatable? You seem to completely miss the point that everyone is making. What is happening isn't just a one off, it's been a steady predictable decline which most fans and more importantly most opposition managers have been able to see coming, so picking out one match against Stoke away (who we traditionally struggle against) to underpin your point is more than a little disingenuous of you.

Let me give you an example; We beat Newcastle 4-0 at home so in his infinite wisdom, Manuel decides to start with Milner and Fernando in a midfield 2 against Barcelona 3 days later! What kind of footballing madness was this? As soon as every fan I know who saw the line up, we knew what was coming next and Barca must have thought it was April's fools day and the only person who seemingly couldn't see this was Manuel so what is there to defend? This wasn't down to the players, this was pure dogmatic Manuel. I'll tell you what the script is, outside of the first 5 matches this season and Villa and Sevilla away tell me when we've looked convincing like our old self?

Irrespective of what's in front of you, you will always present a counter argument because that is just who you are, a person who argues for the sake of arguing presumably because you have little else to occupy your time. You also claim you hold no position on whether Manuel sucks or not, well if this is the case, why the hell are you hogging this thread? Nowt better to do? Enjoying the limelight?

What Manuel is doing to our team sucks, which baffles me all the more because he's always been a manager that I've rated. Perhaps this gig was a step too far for Manuel and he was too eager to prove a philosophical point because he had by far the strongest squad in the League to enable him to do so, who knows? What I do know though is I'm seriously pissed off with our shaky performances this season and no amount of useless stats from you or claims we're still in 4 competitions or using injuries as an excuse will change that, because I like a lot of other fans believe irrespective of our issues, we should still be putting up a better level of performance than we've seen in the main so far this season.

So we can agree at least that he blew it against Liverpool.
What about Stoke, any comment there?
The Liverpool game was a big game and to lose the way we did was humiliating for the club,players and fans alike. It can't be simply written off as just one game we lost.
Liverpool is then followed by Leicester a major loss you seem happy to pass off on the back of a couple of errors by DM, whereas over the 90 mins we were outplayed,out thought and outclassed.
Wake up and smell the coffee mate.
I have a question, by got it wrong tactically, do you mean his team lost?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.