Oxford student Lavinia Woodward spared jail for knife attack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-41433934

A judge who spared an Oxford University student jail after she stabbed her boyfriend is being investigated.

Ian Pringle QC gave Lavinia Woodward a suspended sentencefor attacking her then partner in a drunken assault.

At an earlier hearing the judge said he believed a custodial sentence would damage the 24-year-old's career.

The Judicial Conduct Investigations Office (JCIO) confirmed it is investigating the judge's personal conduct after receiving a complaint.

This is like the McCann case if this girl had been from a council estate she’d have been locked up, the McCanns have still never been done for abandoning their kids to go on the piss, Jeremy Kyle would have a fucking field day with that

My lad who was on a nursing course a few years back, was out on a girls night out (he is gay). He was pulled up by the police and searched in a night club and found to be carrying cokane. Enough for personal use only. He said he was looking after it for someone. Yer right. Lol. Went the day after to the police station where he received a caution for possession. Fortunately he seemed ok to me in respect to attitude and never being a problem at home, so it was probably nipped in the bud at an early stage. I then gave him what was probably the worst advice I could have given him. I told him to come clean and tell his boss (sister type nurse) what had happened, so when he finishes his training he will never have that hanging over him. He was told that if he passed the course, there would not be a job for him. He resigned. I wonder if the medical profession will have the same view with this lady. It is not always down to the legal establishment, but is down to the people who employ. I won't hold my breath.

Fucking ell you destroyed your lads career over a bag of sniff? Bet that bugs you.

My lad who was on a nursing course a few years back, was out on a girls night out (he is gay). He was pulled up by the police and searched in a night club and found to be carrying cokane. Enough for personal use only. He said he was looking after it for someone. Yer right. Lol. Went the day after to the police station where he received a caution for possession. Fortunately he seemed ok to me in respect to attitude and never being a problem at home, so it was probably nipped in the bud at an early stage. I then gave him what was probably the worst advice I could have given him. I told him to come clean and tell his boss (sister type nurse) what had happened, so when he finishes his training he will never have that hanging over him. He was told that if he passed the course, there would not be a job for him. He resigned. I wonder if the medical profession will have the same view with this lady. It is not always down to the legal establishment, but is down to the people who employ. I won't hold my breath.

Nope, as much as some feminists claim oppression, they aren't held to the same standard in relation to crime. Just like the lad who got 20 months for throwing a coin and damaging someone's eye, if it was a female then it's probably a suspended sentence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.