Pablo Zabaleta - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the full back positions will be the next on the pep "to do" list.

Our defence is too old. Too many players over 30 who have no pace.

We are getting away with it mainly due to the possession we are having but it needs sorting.

Stones should be playing every game for me.
100% correct.

Starting Zabaleta ahead of Maffeo this season is like Starting Bony ahead of Kelechi last season.

Love Zabba to bits and don't care if he has lost his pace - but the one thing that is not so good is constantly giving the ball away, and three of our four defenders last night did that with alarming regularity. Not sure he can be a bit part player as he looked a little lost but for all the things he has done since his £6m move he deserves a decent send off when he leaves, possibly in Jan or the summer.

No room for sentimentality in football, have the highest regard for him and his massive contribution to the club but he's past it.

I think the system has to take some responsibility too. We won the league under mancinis defensive system with lescott and nastasic featuring. Pelegrini and peps focus on attack certainly make those defensive players more vulnerable and prone to mistakes. I guess it doesn't show it as much when you have Daniel Alves or Philip Lahm but we all knew in the summer we needed new full backs (and a second striker!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.