Pablo Zabaleta - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need new RB next summer it has to be a priority. Its like the club doesn't want to sign any fullbacks for some reason. Roma offered us £2.5m apparently, should have taken it and his wages off the books and brought in new RB. Not up to the job anymore.

Love this guy, strangely looked fitter & faster in the second half.
But it's time for him to take a well paid retirement in America.

That line up and team selection stunk of Pellegrini.
Not selecting Sagna & Clichy to combat their pace was suicidal.

Painful to see it as he's my favourite player out of our current squad, but his legs have gone. To be honest, it was pretty evident last season as well. Maybe we let sentiment cloud our judgement when we decided to keep him on for another season. I'd love to see him stay on at the club in some capacity (maybe involved in the academy?), but he doesn't justify a starting place in our PL/CL side.

It's sad to see how far he has declined. He's a club legend but he can no longer handle the pace of the premier league.

Was very poor first half but quite good second half. I still love him even though his legs have gone.

More than any other of the fullbacs, was surprised he stayed. Love him but I think he's obviously finished at the highest level and keeping him there won't do him any favours. Fine with the club sortin him out and letting him finish his contract and get his bonus, but we need a RB in January IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.