Pancreatitis

talkativesprout

Anyone suffer from it and can give me some ideas how my lad can deal with the pain.

without a medical seminar his pancreas digested itself and MRI were not managed well enough to deal with it but they kept him alive.

Historically pancreatitis is a boozers condition and living with it can be a bit of an arse.(had women telling me i'd give birth every day before that pain.)

Pain team are absolute wank so Blue mooners like a beer or two, anyone any experience of dealing with it?

I don’t know much about it but I have heard of people having the pancreas removed entirely when pain levels are really unmanageable. It maybe with looking into. I have no idea of what impact that could have long term tho!

pain clinics do seem to generally be a bit shit. My Dad has neuralgia from shingles and has been trying to get that sorted for best part of 15 years.

I don’t know much about it but I have heard of people having the pancreas removed entirely when pain levels are really unmanageable. It maybe with looking into. I have no idea of what impact that could have long term tho!

pain clinics do seem to generally be a bit shit. My Dad has neuralgia from shingles and has been trying to get that sorted for best part of 15 years.
Thankyou.

His pancreas digested itself and they dug it out as pus over 4-5 operations. he was left with about 10% of the pancreatic head left, but that was necrotised and useless. unfortunately for him, the nerves remain and every now and again (1 week in 4) decide to let his brain know, his pancreas is fucked.

The pain Team....
i have literally seen consultants bolus morphine into my son by the really large shringe full to stop him climbing the walls to no avail and then been asked when he has passed out after 2+ hours of opiates and ketamine if he has tried a tens machine or distraction tactics like a vr headset so i'm aware of their grasp on reality

Sounds horrific. I hope you manage to get something sorted. The drugs my dad is on pretty much wipe him out entirely. He’s currently looking at getting the nerve cluster severed. But I’d guess that won’t be an option here. He’s lined up to see a pain managment therapist in the mean time.

A tens machine? Can’t see how that could help at all in this case :(

Is there a way of you getting 2nd or 3rd opinions about pain management? Maybe Fund raising for private if necessary.

Maybe there are online resources and support groups from other sufferers somewhere that might be of use.

Sorry if I have repeated a lot of stuff you have already heard.

Hope your lad gets some help with this.

Best wishes.

Thanks for the constructive comments. in A and E at MRI since 3 am as it escalated after I went to bed.

maybe one to look into if you have not already.

Basically a slow release local anaesthetic on a plaster. Slowly seeps into the body over 12 hour period.

can’t see them fixing the issue but may reduce the pain levels a bit which may make it more manageable. My Dad tried them but didn’t work for him due to location of the issue. His neuralgia is on his face / head so was having to cut strips of this off to place it. Being on a main body mass your lad could use whole plasters which may help. They are something like 8x6 inch in size.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.