Pardew Staying

A "big" club with limited resources.... in a way his hands are tied, made to sell his best player and then not able to make signings to replace him..

Could be in trouble this season with Remy going back to QPR - he seemed like the only lad who could score for 'em

Mike Ashley's biggest mistake is constantly putting himself in the limelight instead of the gaffer across the city (Gibson). Bringing back `King Kev` then undermining him with getting in midget Wise, pretending to be a fan, said he was selling up the pulled out, selling the best players, bringing in Kinnear etc.

I think he was trying to clear the debt left by John Hall and that other fat chap they had, I forget his name now. I think he's done a good job clearing it year by year.

Chris Hughton was doing a sound job then and was unfairly sacked, but Pardew has done well. They went on an awful run but they lost one of their most influential players in Cabaye, the fans have to remember that. That isn't really Pardew's fault. He has signed some decent players since he was there, Cabaye, Ba, Pappa Cisse (another who lost form) , Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Gouffran (sp), Debuchy (sp) . Newcastle fans should remember they were in the championship not long ago and haven't won a medal for over 50 years, it's like they have been born with a silver spoon in their mouths or something. I thought relegation would bring them back down to earth but they're as crazy as they ever were. I thought the characters in Byker Grove were more realistic

Crouchinho said:
Mike Ashley's biggest mistake is constantly putting himself in the limelight instead of the gaffer across the city (Gibson). Bringing back `King Kev` then undermining him with getting in midget Wise, pretending to be a fan, said he was selling up the pulled out, selling the best players, bringing in Kinnear etc.

I think he was trying to clear the debt left by John Hall and that other fat chap they had, I forget his name now. I think he's done a good job clearing it year by year.

Chris Hughton was doing a sound job then and was unfairly sacked, but Pardew has done well. They went on an awful run but they lost one of their most influential players in Cabaye, the fans have to remember that. That isn't really Pardew's fault. He has signed some decent players since he was there, Cabaye, Ba, Pappa Cisse (another who lost form) , Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Gouffran (sp), Debuchy (sp) . Newcastle fans should remember they were in the championship not long ago and haven't won a medal for over 50 years, it's like they have been born with a silver spoon in their mouths or something. I thought relegation would bring them back down to earth but they're as crazy as they ever were. I thought the characters in Byker Grove were more realistic
Freddie ''dogs'' Shepherd, wasn't it?

Blue Til Death said:
Pardew is a legend in his own mind, in everybody else's.... He's a grade A ****.. !

I know a few people like that... actually i know a lot of people like that

CityWest said:
Don't know how true it is but I'd heard the reason Ashley won't get rid is because he's working to pay off his gambling debts to him! Pardew still lives in London on his days off. It's all a bit weird.

Heard this too off Makems on the tube to Wembley for the COC Final. If it's the case, then Ashley has a manager he's got where he wants him. He can sell who he wants without an in debt Pardew not kicking up much of a fuss.

ive got a newcastle fan who constantly moans about everything going on in that club. i can understand being frustrated with the players and angry with the owner but pardews doing a decent job for an average side in my opinion. one of his main gripes with pardew is his reluctance to persue a cup run - but werent they in the europa league quarter final last year?

jimharri said:
Thought he was a dead man walking, to be honest. Might be only a temporary reprieve though. He's already lost a significant section of the fans; get off to a dodgy start next season and he'll be kicked out the door by Fat Mike.

Avoiding relegation isn't enough for a substantial section and keeping Pardew would not be progress!

Malty said:
I think Pards is a great manager, if they stick with him he will get top 7 next season imo.

He's a man with a plan.

Best English manager asides from Rodgers right now, and I think hes a better manager than Moyes if I'm honest, he would of done better with the RAG's team than Moyes did.

Rodgers... ENGLISH ?????

JJ

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.