Paris

For once I agree with you. They still have something against the English and yes, I do speak the language, it is expensive and it's got a dirty feel to it. I lived nearby in the early 90's and it was full of dog shit. It's been cleaned up since then but I still think it's horrible. Luckily the missus agrees so I don't have to go anywhere near the place anymore. There are much better cities to visit, Stockholm, Madrid, Bonn, Berlin etc etc than Paris. I don't even see how it's romantic...a trip down a dirty river in the rain followed by an over priced meal served by a bolshie waiter. Who's probably wanked in your food.
Probably?

For once I agree with you. They still have something against the English and yes, I do speak the language, it is expensive and it's got a dirty feel to it. I lived nearby in the early 90's and it was full of dog shit. It's been cleaned up since then but I still think it's horrible. Luckily the missus agrees so I don't have to go anywhere near the place anymore. There are much better cities to visit, Stockholm, Madrid, Bonn, Berlin etc etc than Paris. I don't even see how it's romantic...a trip down a dirty river in the rain followed by an over priced meal served by a bolshie waiter. Who's probably wanked in your food.
Went to Paris in July, and thought the same. Couldn’t believe how dirty it was. We walked everywhere too and when we got to the Eiffel Tower we was astounded at how many rats there were and nobody gave a shit. The rats were huge and basically didn’t give a fuck about humans. It was minging.

I’m going as a Welsh football fan and I don’t believe we had any problems in the European Championships last year.

It’s a trip purely to watch Wales in a football friendly. I haven’t actually chosen Paris itself. It’s been chosen for me. It’s my third this year after Serbia and Georgia.

It's a great city and some good recommendations here. The city centre can be a bit of a dump in parts though. If you have a spare half day I'd recommend jumping on the RER commuter rail for 20mins out to the suburb of St Germaine En Laye. Great little town with a beautiful chateaux, parks, great bars and restaurants and charming streets where many of the wealthier Parisians live.

Wanted to reignite this thread as me and the wife are going there for the weekend during the international break. We're there Friday to Monday and I've got a small list of things were likely to do. Those being:

Watch France v Wales at the Stade De France
Were seeing Kasabian live while there on the Sat night
Eiffel Tower
Arc De Triomphe (Probably on the morning of the 11th as it's Armistice Day)
Louvre Museum
Notre Dam Cathedral
Montmartre
Shoah memorial museum
Vel'd'Hiv roundup monument
eat cheese and drink wine

Can anyone recommend anything else that we simply have to do while there?

Also, food recommendations please. Stuff we should try whilst there that you thought was nice, Coq Au Vin, French Onion soup etc?

Cheers blues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.