Passport expiry

My passport expires in October and I’m wondering whether it’s best to get it renewed now rather than wait.

I was thinking of waiting until mid June when I come back from a week in Greece. I go to Portugal in September so it’ll be sorted for then.

However with brexit do you reckon I’m best getting it renewed now? I plan on doing at least 1 more Euro away with city should we get past Schalke and there’s of course a potential final that I don’t want a passport with only a few months left on it messing it up.

Looking online I’ve read that if we leave with no deal your passport will need 6 months on it to travel to most of Europe. How likely is a no deal scenario though?

Get it sorted sooner or is it likely I’ll be ok waiting until June?
Renew it now you will won't lose any month's your new one will run until October 2029
If you do it now you do not lose your months left on the current one, the new one will expire October 2029
Not true, it will have 10 years from date of renewal.

You won’t get a blue one until you renew after Brexit,so with luck you can use the maroon one for ten years.

I am travelling in the EU in May.
As far as my dog travelling, my driving licence and my car insurance I am assuming no deal.

The only thing that makes a material difference is that many countries say you need to have six months validity on your passport, so you should probably get it done. They don't usually kick up a fuss, but they can. Or the airline can refuse you. Best not risk it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.