Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats only an argument if with a straight face you can claim he is on the same level as sanchez and the answer to that is clearly no.

But isnt the real cost that we become a club who just buy top players and never develop any. When you have seen players come through as youngsters and become a mainstay in the team, it invokes a sense of pride and loyalty etc. When you buy a full international who is already a superstar its not the same.

I rate certain players such as Tierney but most of Celtics team would struggle in the championship, you play about 10 games a year. Part timers just beat your biggest league rivals! Sinclair was player of the year and when he was available not one premier league club was interested. It is a good developmental league though.
Vast majority of Scotland's national team is made up of Celtic players. They were 2-1 up on England about a month ago and when England equalized they acted like it was the best thing ever.

No offense, you don't know what your talking about, Tierney is not even at the top of Celtic's best players, you clearly only know about media reports and the like. They would be able to stay afloat in the premier league, championship yeah right...

Edit: Also, what do you mean "your league rivals"? I am not a Celtic supporter, I can just think rationally about football and can see what level Celtic are at, unlike alot of people on here.

But isnt the real cost that we become a club who just buy top players and never develop any. When you have seen players come through as youngsters and become a mainstay in the team, it invokes a sense of pride and loyalty etc. When you buy a full international who is already a superstar its not the same.

We do develop players. lots of them and many of them will go on to have great careers even if its not with us meaning we also make money. A few will hopefully become first team players but they will have to be the best of the best because this City side is not what it was back in the day, thankfully.

The club has everything in place to give the kids all they need to do just that and the rest is down to them.

I hope Pep will keep and use him.

He is talented confident entertaining young English player.

He played well against Barcelona and City, what else does he need to prove !

Thats only an argument if with a straight face you can claim he is on the same level as sanchez and the answer to that is clearly no.

On your argument, no youngster will ever get game time. By definition they can't be up to the mark of a seasoned, world class player at his peak.

What a depressing philosophy.

On your argument, no youngster will ever get game time. By definition they can't be up to the mark of a seasoned, world class player at his peak.

What a depressing philosophy.

Jesus gets a game. As does Sane.....

Its not me being a clever arse here its just the harsh realities of the modern game and clubs like us in that you will only get the chance if you are an absolutely outstanding talent and you force your way in.

I get its not what some Blues want or foresaw when the academy was first mentioned and built but the club sees it as a nursery for talent that can make money and hopefully every now and then bring through that player who goes on to be world class and in any sport, that last 1% that makes that difference is often between the lads own ears.

We give them everything to succeed and they have to take their chance.

Its not me being a clever arse here its just the harsh realities of the modern game and clubs like us in that you will only get the chance if you are an absolutely outstanding talent and you force your way in.

I get its not what some Blues want or foresaw when the academy was first mentioned and built but the club sees it as a nursery for talent that can make money and hopefully every now and then bring through that player who goes on to be world class and in any sport, that last 1% that makes that difference is often between the lads own ears.

Spot on blue.We would all like to see our youngsters come through our own system,but in the harsh realities as you say, only the most outstanding ever will ever break through.

Vast majority of Scotland's national team is made up of Celtic players. They were 2-1 up on England about a month ago and when England equalized they acted like it was the best thing ever.

No offense, you don't know what your talking about, Tierney is not even at the top of Celtic's best players, you clearly only know about media reports and the like. They would be able to stay afloat in the premier league, championship yeah right...

Edit: Also, what do you mean "your league rivals"? I am not a Celtic supporter, I can just think rationally about football and can see what level Celtic are at, unlike alot of people on here.
I head to about 8 odd Celtic games a season one of my mates is a season ticket holder. Tierney is a huge talent for his age and is the one player most supporters want and hope they can hold on to as he is a massive fan. The only players I can think off on a similar level to Tierney is dembele or maybe simunvic who could have good careers at high level. Celtic have a great manager in brendo but their squad isn't of premier league level although it is closer now then it has been in a long time. Celtic could easily rest their starting 11 and win a league game no way they could do that in our league or the championship. You honestly think they would survive comfortable when their squad is arguably weaker then Sunderlands last year. I enjoy watching celtic and would love if they got moved to the championship and we could see I think they would add alot to the premier league.

It's pretty obvious this kid will be a top Premier League and International player, he just has so much quality.

I'd love for him to be given opportunities next season, probably from the bench to start with, he's easily an upgrade on our bench options last season (Navas and Nolito). I think Bernardo Silva will play centrally, hence why we're not looking for another centre midfielder. Jesus, Aguero, Sanchez, Sane, Sterling and Roberts as the options for our front three?

However, if a loan offer from someone like Bournemouth came along, that could also be a great idea for his development.

Spot on. Some people would seemingly rather we went back to being irrelevant, clinging on to premier league status just so we can have players like Jason Denayer come through, play hundreds of games and stay at the club for 10 years. Young players will get a chance if they are good enough, not simply because they are young. I wish some of our fans would catch up with the times, the club want the absolute best and aren't willing to compromise on that for the romanticised prospect of having a team of academy players. I couldn't care less if we had no academy players for the net decade if it means we win everything and become the dominant force we want to be in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.