Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celtic beat Barca 5 years ago, and regularly playing in CL and EL every year.
insult them as you like, but even multi-million players in City team can't even beat them in home and away game last season.
i find it much more hilarious.

your missing the point its not about the players its the level of the other teams having been playing in the league for years and years you think city new owners took over and bang manchester city was a great team it took about 4 to 5 years just to build a team and squad to play the teams and beat them and get the respect

celtic have the club and fans yes but moving leagues is another kettle of fish teams like stoke wba palace newcastle southampton leicester swansea home and away and then face the big teams and then face the teams fighting the drop every single team fights and can beat you so my view would be celtic would fined it hard to play in the premier league in the first years and would be better off in the championship first

but in time celtic would be a leading team in the premier league but it would take about 5 to 10 years to have a stable club and the players and manager

Celtic beat Barca 5 years ago, and regularly playing in CL and EL every year.
insult them as you like, but even multi-million players in City team can't even beat them in home and away game last season.
i find it much more hilarious.
Don't try arguing with that guy, his anti-celtic (or anti-scotland) bias is extremely evident. We could have a player of Messi's stature (hypothetically) on loan in Scotland doing everything that a 19-20 year old Messi did and he'd say not good enough because it's the Scottish league.

Reminds me a bit of Tony Coleman, and I'm happy with that. Think this lad has something about him. Well-built, doesn't go to ground easily and can beat a man with ease.
One season loan at somewhere like Huddersfield or Newcastle and I think we would be getting a really good player back at the end of it.

He carries a goal threat from outside the box. If he can do that in the Premier League, he's one to keep.

Option to buy? Bollocks is to that - Roberts could be a fantastic player. He has to go on tour and IMO he should be in our squad next season as he is that good. Only if Pep thinks he needs game time elsewhere should he go on loan.

Bournemouth would be a good shout for a loan so we can see him against PL opposition.

Option to buy? Bollocks is to that - Roberts could be a fantastic player. He has to go on tour and IMO he should be in our squad next season as he is that good. Only if Pep thinks he needs game time elsewhere should he go on loan.
I think he'd already struggle for game time with our current squad, never mind if we bring Sanchez in as well. We'd have 3 front positions being shared between Aguero, Sanchez, Jesus, Sane, Sterling, Bernardo and Roberts, with KDB and Silva being able to play further forward if needed too. I think he'd learn a lot more getting 30-odd games at another PL club.

This is one of the costs of buying another forward - game time for young players like Roberts goes down.

This is one of the costs of buying another forward - game time for young players like Roberts goes down.

Thats only an argument if with a straight face you can claim he is on the same level as sanchez and the answer to that is clearly no.

Don't try arguing with that guy, his anti-celtic (or anti-scotland) bias is extremely evident. We could have a player of Messi's stature (hypothetically) on loan in Scotland doing everything that a 19-20 year old Messi did and he'd say not good enough because it's the Scottish league.
I rate certain players such as Tierney but most of Celtics team would struggle in the championship, you play about 10 games a year. Part timers just beat your biggest league rivals! Sinclair was player of the year and when he was available not one premier league club was interested. It is a good developmental league though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.