Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Pep could be tempted to give either Roberts or Sancho the winger back up to Sterling or Sane, It was Nolito/Navas, now I class Bernardo as one replacement, see example below:

Sane Jesus Sterling
Sancho or Roberts Aguero B.Silva

100% can fill in most of the games Navas played last season. A loan to Southampton would be the next best option, but I can't see them accepting without a buy clause.

He's very similar to Bernardo, I think. I do think he'd be better off going on loan, rather than being a bit part player for us. Southampton would be great for him.
We've had problems with players going on loan but not getting game time. Playing regularly for Southampton would be great for bringing him on but I would far rather he was a bit part player with us and give him lots of coaching with Pep and training with our players than spending most games sitting on their bench.

Sending young players out on loan always sounds like a sensible option but it's almost unheard of for any to come back to us and get into the first team. Joe Hart of course - anybody else?

... what are the odds on him becoming a Pep project?

Especially as Sterling, Sane and Jesus develop perhaps Roberts is in the next tier of talents
No idea. I'd love for it to happen. I really rate Roberts and like him. He will be a great player, I just don't know if world class. Maybe his potential could be that of Liverpool or Everton. Hope I'm wrong, we're aspiring to be the new Barcelona.

Pep has said in the press conference that some players that went on loan could possibly stay at City. Roberts had a great season at Celtic, played well against City in the CL, if he impresses now during pre season I think he could stay at City. Would be a great option even if sign Sanchez, 6 players for the front 3 positions with 5 of them playing most of the games and Roberts playing less but still making an impact. If we win a few trophies and he plays 15-20 games I think it could possibly be more beneficial then a loan to Southampton for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.