PC shut down problem

Super David Silva 21

Myabe perhaps once or twice a day my pc will shut down and turn back on straight away.

I could be in the middle of something and it will just shut down and come back on.

I'm thinking it maybe a Windows 10 thing as it never did it with Win 8.1

I've also made sure my drivers are updated and i've run fix problems and it seems to find nothing wrong.

any suggestions???? Cheers

Myabe perhaps once or twice a day my pc will shut down and turn back on straight away.

I could be in the middle of something and it will just shut down and come back on.

I've also made sure my drivers are updated and i've run fix problems and it seems to find nothing wrong.

CIA checking you over !

It's windows 10,i regret ever downloading it.It's doing something with updates,i fiddled with the settings and it's stopped so try that

Might be something to do with your power settings. I had issues when I first upgrading with the PC not shutting down at all and it was due to Fast Boot being enabled

Not much to go on there but it could be hardware rather than software. Download http://openhardwaremonitor.org/ and just keep an eye on your temps, if they're climbing rapidly you could have knocked the CPU cooler loose. What are you doing when it turns off?

Can you check error logs?

In search bar type "eventvwr" and run it, click on the "windows logs" tab on the left then the "system" sub tab.
Scroll to the time these shutdowns happen and paste me the error code.

My desktop was doing the same, restarting on its own, recently. Tried to switch on yesterday and it was stuck in a repair mode and not loading windows. Tried restarting several times but ended up putting my windows 7 disc in and reloading. The problem now is that it won't update, it seems to be stuck in searching for updates mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.