Pellegrini struggling to match Mancini's transfer hit-rate

Re: Pellegrini struggling to match Mancini's transfer hit-ra

out of all the positive promotion of EDS players, people only notice the error in transfer values.....

promoting youth players will retain the aura of the team , where as buying stars will improve the identity of the team(more revenue from merchandise and sponsorships)

amrit.prasoon said:
@ pudge

if Negredo goes for 29 mil € - My mistake
No one would pay more that 15 for Dzeko
Navas is not worth what we got him for -18/20 will be the maximum any one would pay for his service
Fernandinho - shakhtar sold him at overpriced value - he was good however not worth the amount we paid for him
Reus for 25 - my Mistake
Lacazette - 25 is good enough - it it was porto/benfica they would charge more than 50 for him - i dont think french club would sell him for that high 35 at max

@ BringBackSwales

what good is stability if other are strengthening and our squad is aging
Navas isn't worth what he got him for, £15m, but £15m is the most people would pay; love your haggling skills.

Valuing Fernandinho at a similar price to Garcia's exit fee is criminal. He was worth every penny as we don't win the league without him but that's neither here no there, eh?

I would hope if the club did entertain selling Dzeko that they wouldn't go in to discussions with the mindset that nobody is going to offer more than £15m for a better than 1 in 3 striker who is in the top 10 all time with regards to goals per minutes in the toughest league, who has won 3 league titles in 2 major countries and still only 28. We'd get shafted if that were the case.

As for Lacazette, the absolute gem of Lyon's academy having been at the club since he was 7 years old, coming off back to back 20+ goal seasons and managing to get Lyon to agree to his sale for less than £20m? Bravo sir, when can you get to work on this deal?

Kudos for acknowledging 2 of about 10 of your mistakes though.

as in India people say - Bhawnao ko samjho - dont take all this literally , understand the feelings

we all love the same club and want it to be the most successful club.

amrit.prasoon said:
as in India people say - Bhawnao ko samjho - dont take all this literally , understand the feelings

we all love the same club and want it to be the most successful club.
:)

Mancini's best signings were back when we had near unlimited funds to throw around at players.

When he had to work on a budget he brought in Garcia, Nastasic, Maicon, Rodwell and Sinclair.

leech said:
Mancini's best signings were back when we had near unlimited funds to throw around at players.

When he had to work on a budget he brought in Garcia, Nastasic, Maicon, Rodwell and Sinclair.
Events at the time show what you're saying is plainly wrong? Mancini wanted RVP, Hazard and Di Rossi and I'm sure if he was told 'You've only got £55m to spend' he would have chosen 2 from 3 and ustilised the squad he had.

Mancini was at war with Marwood over the timing and the quality of our signings that summer and history has proven him right as less than 3 years later, all those players are all but gone. If you look at Mancini's transfer footprint, you can still see that many of the players he bought AND the ones he inherited and nurtured still form the core of our team today, so aside from Maicon who he'd worked with previously, why would he have gone against his normal recruitment policy and bought that load of dross?

That 2012 transfer window has to go down as our most disastrous one post Sheikh Mansour and we are still feeling the effects of it today and counting the cost in terms of trying to get rid of the players bought and so meekly surrendering our title to one of the worst ManUre squads in their modern history and I for one don't blame Mancini for any of it.

Dribble said:
leech said:

Events at the time show what you're saying is plainly wrong? Mancini wanted RVP, Hazard and Di Rossi and I'm sure if he was told 'You've only got £55m to spend' he would have chosen 2 from 3 and ustilised the squad he had.

Mancini was at war with Marwood over the timing and the quality of our signings that summer and history has proven him right as less than 3 years later, all those players are all but gone. If you look at Mancini's transfer footprint, you can still see that many of the players he bought AND the ones he inherited and nurtured still form the core of our team today, so aside from Maicon who he'd worked with previously, why would he have gone against his normal recruitment policy and bought that load of dross?

That 2012 transfer window has to go down as our most disastrous one post Sheikh Mansour and we are still feeling the effects of it today and counting the cost in terms of trying to get rid of the players bought and so meekly surrendering our title to one of the worst ManUre squads in their modern history and I for one don't blame Mancini for any of it.
But you'll happily blame Pellegrini for the players Begiristain helped buy? Not that I would say any of the players we've bought have been flops to the scale of those bought in 2012.

Mancini had long coveted Garcia and Nastasic before 2012, and intimated that Manchester City had "worked well" on the last day of the transfer window despite being too slow before. Never one for blaming other people for his mistakes, I'm sure Mancini himself had nothing to do with us losing out on the easy-to-get top quality signings he earmarked such as De Rossi, Hazard & co despite it often being a manager's job to do a large part of the wooing himself.

2012 was the first year Mancini and team didn't have an unbeatable large pile of cash to throw at all their transfer conundrums and came up short, that is the bottom line. More so than Pellegrini/Begiristain ever have.

I think the main culprit to blame for our disastrous 2012 transfers is the cheating **** Platini. I absolutely fucking despise that vile prick for reigning us in. I wish there was some way we could get lawyers or sponsorship income or anything to just fuck that shitty rag-biased rule off for good. If we'd have been able to secure even one of the club's first choice targets that summer we'd have won the league the following year, denying a shit rags team their title and again been able to build on our success. That summer set us back quite badly and as some have mentioned before we're only just getting over its effects.

We've made a cracking signing in Bony, however, and hopefully this summer the shackles will be off and we can get in someone like Pogba or Bale or Reus, or someone of that level instead of more Rodwells & Sinclairs.

leech said:
Dribble said:
leech said:

But you'll happily blame Pellegrini for the players Begiristain helped buy? Not that I would say any of the players we've bought have been flops to the scale of those bought in 2012.

Mancini had long coveted Garcia and Nastasic before 2012, and intimated that Manchester City had "worked well" on the last day of the transfer window despite being too slow before. Never one for blaming other people for his mistakes, I'm sure Mancini himself had nothing to do with us losing out on the easy-to-get top quality signings he earmarked such as De Rossi, Hazard & co despite it often being a manager's job to do a large part of the wooing himself.

2012 was the first year Mancini and team didn't have an unbeatable large pile of cash to throw at all their transfer conundrums and came up short, that is the bottom line. More so than Pellegrini/Begiristain ever have.

Your not making sense, are we not blaming Pellers, but blaming Tixxi, blaming Bobby, or blaming Marwood, for Tixxi's deals, or blaming Mancini for everything ? Why weren't yaya, nasri, sergio, silva, clichy , Mario, or Milner put of coming when Bobby was in charge?

VOOMER said:
leech said:
Dribble said:

Your not making sense, are we not blaming Pellers, but blaming Tixxi, blaming Bobby, or blaming Marwood, for Tixxi's deals, or blaming Mancini for everything ? Why weren't yaya, nasri, sergio, silva, clichy , Mario, or Milner put of coming when Bobby was in charge?
I'm saying let's not fawn over Mancini's transfer prowess, money brought those players in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.