Pellegrini to Arsenal..

IMHO The performances are not similar there's a plan and organization with tactics and formations changed during the game unlike MP who just sent his team out in hope. There were so many poor performances under MP and yes a few good ones but it was when he was forced, through non availability, that he changed from his beloved 442. The first half of his first season was wonderful, on the back of Mancini's organization, and the final run in won the PL after Liverpool and Rodgers fucked up. Lets face it the League Cup is not a difficult cup to win and the second one was won on penalties.
Maybe the youth who should be pushing on into the first team aren't good enough? There are some great prospects in the U18 but its too early for them.
IMHO if MP was still the manager we would be ins serious trouble, Pep is getting far more out of this squad than MP ever did, bearing in mind that many of the key players are older. Look how Silva is enjoying his football again the improvement in Sterling and Yaya looking a stone slimmer, able to do a job for us AK has been the most improved player in the squad at CH

Yes Liverpool really did throw it away didn't they! Winning something like 14 out of the last 16 games.
Did Mancini win it because United fucked up?
They fucked up far greater than Liverpool did.
I rarely hear fans belittling Mancini's league win.

No he won it because we were the best side. Both titles were won on 89 points.

We have no Idea what impact the entire squad and manager knowning Pep was coming had on things.
YaYa for example is paid £200k a week to be a professsional footballer he chose to get unfit, a manager who is effectively a caretaker can do nothing about that.
Blame the fucking player.

Pep has sorted that, he made the sort of sweeping changes that Pellegrini never could and we'll never know if he would have done the same thing.

Sterling started off excellently, we started the last season like a dream. Playing excellent football, only to be decimated by injury.

I've repeatedly said Pep is much better and you can see a plan forming. I just don't apply double standards like many seem to.
Had Pellegrini set us up like Pep did at Leicester, or sit dumbfounded like Pep did at Goodison he'd have been torn apart.

Pep has shown far greater imagination and the future looks bright, but let's not kid ourselves. We really are doing no better than last season. I believe we win finish very strong, and Pep will have improved us greatly, but his struggles with last seasons squad plus £100 million plus of talent shows that perhaps Pellegrini wasn't just wasting our talent and we finished where we should.

Yes Liverpool really did throw it away didn't they! Winning something like 14 out of the last 16 games.
Did Mancini win it because United fucked up?
They fucked up far greater than Liverpool did.
I rarely hear fans belittling Mancini's league win.

No he won it because we were the best side. Both titles were won on 89 points.

We have no Idea what impact the entire squad and manager knowning Pep was coming had on things.
YaYa for example is paid £200k a week to be a professsional footballer he chose to get unfit, a manager who is effectively a caretaker can do nothing about that.
Blame the fucking player.

Pep has sorted that, he made the sort of sweeping changes that Pellegrini never could and we'll never know if he would have done the same thing.

Sterling started off excellently, we started the last season like a dream. Playing excellent football, only to be decimated by injury.

I've repeatedly said Pep is much better and you can see a plan forming. I just don't apply double standards like many seem to.
Had Pellegrini set us up like Pep did at Leicester, or sit dumbfounded like Pep did at Goodison he'd have been torn apart.

Pep has shown far greater imagination and the future looks bright, but let's not kid ourselves. We really are doing no better than last season. I believe we win finish very strong, and Pep will have improved us greatly, but his struggles with last seasons squad plus £100 million plus of talent shows that perhaps Pellegrini wasn't just wasting our talent and we finished where we should.

Mancini's title win was based on a team that he mainly built at a club that hadn't won the title for 40 years,he changed the mentality of the whole club from perennial losers to Champions after winning the FA Cup the previous season, his effort should never be underestimate and comparing his achievements with MP is farcical. He built a solid defence and turn the Etihad into a fortress MP rode on the back of his efforts slowly destroying what he had built, he got away with it because we were waiting for a Pep. Consequently Pep has to rebuild on weak foundations with an older squad than MP had, where is MP now. China because those that matter know the truth and that is why unfortunately he won't get the Arsenal job despite the rumours.

Mancini's title win was based on a team that he mainly built at a club that hadn't won the title for 40 years,he changed the mentality of the whole club from perennial losers to Champions after winning the FA Cup the previous season, his effort should never be underestimate and comparing his achievements with MP is farcical. He built a solid defence and turn the Etihad into a fortress MP rode on the back of his efforts slowly destroying what he had built, he got away with it because we were waiting for a Pep. Consequently Pep has to rebuild on weak foundations with an older squad than MP had, where is MP now. China because those that matter know the truth and that is why unfortunately he won't get the Arsenal job despite the rumours.

Where he is now isn't relevant and just look at the topic you're commenting on.
He's being linked to Arsenal..

I see you've totally ignored or simply not understood my point regards Mancini, Pellegrini and titles.

Mancini's achievements were fantastic, as was Pellegrini's title win. If you believe he only won the league because Liverpool fucked up, then when United fucked up much more you can only really discredit Mancini's achievement with that mentality.

Pellegrini is inferior to Pep in so many ways and that's something I've been constant on.

Pellegrini won the league against a returning Mourinho, LVG at the Shite & the biggest 'people's champions' the league has yet to see in Liverpool.
Winning that league in the style in which the team and manager did was fantastic.

I also believe that Pep's struggles with the players Pellegrini had plus the likes of Sané, Stones & Gundogan show that this job that everyone said was so easy, wasn't quite so easy.

I don't buy the whole Pellers inherited Mancini's great team argument. Does everyone forget the last Mancini season, where he lost the players and a very toxic dressing room existed? Surely Pellers, despite his faults, deserves some credit for taking a lost and disinterested team and winning a double in his first season?

How about retaining Wenger with Patrick Viera as his number 2 with a view to Viera becoming manager in 3 seasons? Anyone think that would work

Vieira is on record as saying the only reason he took the NYFC job was so he could continue working for the CFG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.