people with low loyalty points.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
mancitymick said:
Double this and that had nothing to do with getting a Wembley ticket. Being on the Cup Scheme was the advantage
Going forward tho with probably 45,000 s/c if only half go on the cup scheme that's more than a final allocation so buying your points will become a factor .will people still join the schemes if it didn't guarantee you anything bar your regular seat if you don't get moved for the away fans ?

I got a ticket for the Wembley games, and I wasn't in the cup scheme when we played Stoke in the final. I'd been to enough games over the years to qualify for a ticket. It was a straightforward system. Those who attended the most games had the most points, which was as fair as it could be.

The 'double this, double that' two tier system was introduced after the final against Stoke.

I saw fans walking around Wembley with placards saying they had 2,300 points, for example, who didn't have tickets and were desperately wanting one. It might be hard on them, but there are never enough tickets to go round for games like that.

I'm not a fan of the loyalty points scheme now in place.

People like me, who followed the club for years when we were doing well if we avoided relegation or worse, and had limited funds when the new system was introduced, are losing out.

I don't see how that is fair, but I have to accept it.

It's easy to follow City these days, especially away from home, and yes, it pisses me off when I can't buy a ticket for an away game because all those years of watching City, with all those 'loyalty points', have been reduced to nothing because I couldn't afford the extra funds.

I bought a platinum card this season, just to try and keep up, but there isn't a person on the planet who can convince me the present system of 'loyalty' is fair when the depth of your wallet rather than the attendance of games is the vital factor.

Id argue it was easier to follow City away when we were shit
Those of us on the higher points were racking them up then when it was relatively easy to get any away ticket as the moaning fuckers on this thread decided not to bother then but seem aggrieved that they cant catch up and want some sort of parity now we are a team challenging
Other than the platinum upgrade,the system is as fair as it can be and rewards loyalty

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
Going forward tho with probably 45,000 s/c if only half go on the cup scheme that's more than a final allocation so buying your points will become a factor .will people still join the schemes if it didn't guarantee you anything bar your regular seat if you don't get moved for the away fans ?

I got a ticket for the Wembley games, and I wasn't in the cup scheme when we played Stoke in the final. I'd been to enough games over the years to qualify for a ticket. It was a straightforward system. Those who attended the most games had the most points, which was as fair as it could be.

The 'double this, double that' two tier system was introduced after the final against Stoke.

I saw fans walking around Wembley with placards saying they had 2,300 points, for example, who didn't have tickets and were desperately wanting one. It might be hard on them, but there are never enough tickets to go round for games like that.

People like me, who followed the club for years when we were doing well if we avoided relegation or worse, and had limited funds when the new system was introduced, are losing out.

It's easy to follow City these days, especially away from home, and yes, it pisses me off when I can't buy a ticket for an away game because all those years of watching City, with all those 'loyalty points', have been reduced to nothing because I couldn't afford the extra funds.

I bought a platinum card this season, just to try and keep up, but there isn't a person on the planet who can convince me the present system of 'loyalty' is fair when the depth of your wallet rather than the attendance of games is the vital factor.

Those of us on the higher points were racking them up then when it was relatively easy to get any away ticket as the moaning fuckers on this thread decided not to bother then but seem aggrieved that they cant catch up and want some sort of parity now we are a team challenging
Other than the platinum upgrade,the system is as fair as it can be and rewards loyalty
13 consecutive away games I went to one season, lost 12 , drew 1. No it wasn't easier going to watch city back then. If the money hadn't have come into City, this thread wouldn't even exist. One or two might whore off their tickets each week, but mostly at away games you see the same faces week in week out.

colin barrow said:
It seems that everyone with high points doesn't understand that its impossible to catch somebody up when you can't get a ticket. If I had 5000 points I would be limited to certain away games. Therefore the people with high points who can buy tickets only move further ahead.
I might be wrong but it seems to me that people don't disagree that somebody with more points has the right to buy a ticket first
But they are only unhappy with the people selling them on.
I think the solution is for the club to offer points on a sliding scale depending on the level at which they sell out.
Ie 10000 points + 10 points
Open sale 50 points.
This would mean that if you have low points it is possible to catch up and if you have high points and go you stay ahead!
It would mean you want to get a ticket yourself if you can especially if you get extra points. Which puts off the points whores as you might end up with a ticket you can't sell on!!

People with high points buying tickets is fine. Selling them on the Facebook page or advertising that they can get you a ticket to sell on is wrong. These people should be contacted by the club. I have no problem with the page and what it is intended to do. Sell a ticket for someone who finds themselves unable to attend.

My view on loyalty points is that they should only be offered for home games. Big points for the low level cup games that some cannot be arsed attending. That's loyalty. Attending EDS games should attract a small number too. Attending an away game has little benefit to City and their finances.

And there are ways of ensuring that points get transferred to the person who attends that game. It's not really that difficult if the club really wanted to ensure fair play.

allan harper said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:

13 consecutive away games I went to one season, lost 12 , drew 1. No it wasn't easier going to watch city back then. If the money hadn't have come into City, this thread wouldn't even exist. One or two might whore off their tickets each week, but mostly at away games you see the same faces week in week out.
I remember winning at Bradford away and it was the first away win for about two seasons but we still went more in anticipation than anything. Actually I think we just went on the booze in the hope it would look like we had won

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
mrtwiceaseason said:

I was a high points earner when it was easier to follow City away when we were shit as well. I was there, when it didn't cost a premium.

I got points for it as well, you know, like 10 for home, and 20 for away.

I was racking them up too, but as I have said, that doesn't mean anything anymore.

The new system doesn't reward those fans, like me, who followed City away in those days. Those points are now worthless.

It's not a loyalty scheme anymore. How can it be when fans like me, who went home and away when we were gash, watching garbage year after year, can't buy a ticket?

It has nothing to do with loyalty.

It's a money thing, pure and simple, and is that fair?

You may well have more points than I do, but it shouldn't matter how those points were gained simply because I had less money than you or whoever for a few years.

allan harper said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:

on the money.
one time because of school nights etc jessica didn't see a city win for a full calender year. she's done her time and she now has the points.

the only down side is i'm still buying the bloody tickets, flights, burgers etc :(

de niro said:
allan harper said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:

on the money.
one time because of school nights etc jessica didn't see a city win for a full calender year. she's done her time and she now has the points.

the only down side is i'm still buying the bloody tickets, flights, burgers etc :(

edit. she's still trying to get to barca next week. work allowing.

de niro said:
allan harper said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:

on the money.

We know who the burgers are for don't we Bill...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.